Deutsche Telekom is expanding its commitment to esports. For the first time, the company is organizing a FIFA19 football tournament for online gamers.
The final will take place as part of the established Telekom Cup on January 13, 2019 in Düsseldorf’s Merkur Spiel-Arena. The finalists will be determined in advance in two online tournaments, each with up to 128 participants. The games will be played via ESL Play, the world’s largest league for esports.
Deutsche Telekom has been supporting the international esports organization SK Gaming since mid-2018. In addition, the company supports a team in the League of Legends game series.
“We are delighted to be joining the real and digital German Soccer League at the Telekom Cup,” says Hiro Kishi, Head of Sports Sponsoring at Telekom. “eSports is enjoying increasing popularity. This gives us the opportunity to prove our superior network quality and technological know-how”.
Fortuna Düsseldorf, Bayern Munich, Borussia Mönchengladbach and Hertha BSC will compete in the Telekom Cup. In the Telekom e-Cup all Bundesliga clubs will be playable. To ensure equal opportunities, all teams will be equally strong. The winners of the two online tournaments will play the final in the stadium in front of thousands of football fans. The winner will also compete in a show match against professional gamer Mirza Jahic. Visitors to the Telekom Cup will also have the opportunity to compete against the eSports star in the fan park at “Beat The Pro”.
Tickets for the Telekom Cup are available at fan-friendly prices starting from €12.50. Admission to the best category costs €40. All information is available at www.telekomcup.de
More esports sponsoring content:
- Golden Guardians Partner with Madrinas Coffee
- Mercedes-Benz in Esports: Strong character – The G-Class at the ESL One in K…
- Betway Renews Partnership with ESL
- CLG and Newegg Announce Marketing Partnership
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces First-Ever Global Partnership for All ESL One Po…
- Magic Gaming Takes a Seat with GT Omega Racing Through New Partnership
- Australian Football Club Essendon Announces New Era as the Official Partner of Its…
- Houston Outlaws Renew Partnership with T-Mobile as Official Wireless Partner for t…
- NBA 2k League Announces Partnership with Champion Athleticwear Ahead of March 5 Dr…
- Secretlab Partners With League of Legends Esports
(Image) Source: Press release