Deutsche Telekom is expanding its commitment to esports. For the first time, the company is organizing a FIFA19 football tournament for online gamers.
The final will take place as part of the established Telekom Cup on January 13, 2019 in Düsseldorf’s Merkur Spiel-Arena. The finalists will be determined in advance in two online tournaments, each with up to 128 participants. The games will be played via ESL Play, the world’s largest league for esports.
Deutsche Telekom has been supporting the international esports organization SK Gaming since mid-2018. In addition, the company supports a team in the League of Legends game series.
“We are delighted to be joining the real and digital German Soccer League at the Telekom Cup,” says Hiro Kishi, Head of Sports Sponsoring at Telekom. “eSports is enjoying increasing popularity. This gives us the opportunity to prove our superior network quality and technological know-how”.
Fortuna Düsseldorf, Bayern Munich, Borussia Mönchengladbach and Hertha BSC will compete in the Telekom Cup. In the Telekom e-Cup all Bundesliga clubs will be playable. To ensure equal opportunities, all teams will be equally strong. The winners of the two online tournaments will play the final in the stadium in front of thousands of football fans. The winner will also compete in a show match against professional gamer Mirza Jahic. Visitors to the Telekom Cup will also have the opportunity to compete against the eSports star in the fan park at “Beat The Pro”.
Tickets for the Telekom Cup are available at fan-friendly prices starting from €12.50. Admission to the best category costs €40. All information is available at www.telekomcup.de
More esports sponsoring content:
- HyperX Named Official Peripheral Partner of Complexity Gaming
- Mercedes-Benz Becomes SK Gaming Partner: New Horizons For the Brand as It Invests …
- Champions Signs Multi-Year Partnership with Renegades
- Method and Corsair Announce New Partnership
- Alienware Continues Partnership with Team Liquid and Partners with Riot Games
- ESL and Intel Add Chicago Event to IEM Circuit, Doubling Viewership From IEM Oakla…
- Razer Partners with Williams Esports
- We Are Nations Announces Merchandise Deals with OpTic Gaming, Method and Blast Pro…
- World of Warcraft Guild Limit Partners with Global Specialty Health, Wellness and …
- Overwatch League and Fanatics Team up for Groundbreaking Retail, Licensing, and Ec…
(Image) Source: Press release