Best Apex Legends Pro Settings
Latest Fortnite pro settings from the best competitive esports organizations out there.
Apex Legends is a trendy FPS battle royale game with a massive following. It has been a success in a genre that is heavily dominated by legacy games. And it has been able to do that by offering something unique with their playing characters to stand out. But it also makes this game challenging. There is no certain way to achieve success in this game that puts the emphasis on one getting the game settings spot on and then playing to their strengths.
Game settings are often overlooked, but they can easily give a clear advantage to the player. And while there is nothing wrong per se with the default configuration in the game, they are geared more towards visual results and not on performance. It goes without saying that one would want to ooze every inch from their computing system to have that edge over their competitors.
Here are the best Apex Legends Settings that will enable one to do just that.
Best Apex Legends Settings
‘The Best’ is a subjective term. Every gamer is different and has their preferred playing style. The playing style is fundamental in defining ‘the best’ playing settings for each player. However, if one closely observes the pros in the game, they would find a pattern that pretty much explains what the widely considered game settings are among the top players in the game.
Best Video Settings for Apex Legends
High-powered shooter games like Apex Legends demand that the video and graphics settings are at an optimal level. Video and graphics are essential in FPS games, as they can directly impact the quality of the play.
The following are the tried, tested, and recommended Video and Graphics settings for Apex Legends.
|Field of View|
|FOV Ability Scaling|
|Sprint View Shake|
|Texture Streaming Budget|
|Ambient Occlusion Quality|
|Sun Shadow Coverage|
|Spot Shadow Detail|
|Dynamic Spot Shadows|
- Display Mode should always be set at the Full-Screen mode for the gaming system to fully optimize the game. Make sure no other applications are running in the background.
- The Aspect ratio should be native to the display used in the gaming setup. It is recommended that one invest in a display with a 16:9 aspect ratio and a resolution of 1920 x 1080.
- FOV is related to the broader view the player would experience in the game. It is maxed out at 110. Professional players in the game choose somewhere between 100 to 110. This enables them to have more information on their screen while also making the movement smoother and faster.
- The sprint setting should be kept at the lower end. The higher the dial is, the more challenging it would be to spot things in the game.
- With an NVIDIA graphic card, one can enable the Reflex setting. Adjust between ‘Enabled’ or ‘Enabled + Boost’ depending on the hardware.
Best Audio Settings for Apex Legends
The Audio in fast-paced games like Apex Legends needs to be clear and loud enough for the players to take advantage of.
|Voice Choice Record Mode|
Push to Talk
|Sound Effects Volume|
|Lobby Music Volume|
|Incoming Voice Chat Volume|
|Sound in Background|
|Play Incoming Text Chat as Speech|
|Convert Incoming Voice to Chat text|
- The music volume and the lobby music volume should never cross 25%. Apex Legends has quality sound effects that can benefit players in combat. Increasing music volume anywhere above 25% would have a direct impact on the game.
- 20% music volume is enough for players to have an immersive gaming experience without it having any impact on one’s gameplay.
- Similarly, the master volume and the sound effects volume should be at 100%. One is recommended to invest in quality headphones to fully take advantage of this feature.
Best Crosshair Settings for Apex Legends
Sadly, when it comes to crosshair settings, one would find a lack of customization options to choose from. However, there are a couple of settings related to the crosshair in the gameplay settings.
|Crosshair Damage Feedback|
|Incoming Damage Feedback|
- A gamer could still choose their preferred crosshair color. We would recommend any high-contrast color that would be easy to spot on the screen.
- The crosshair damage feedback will only show an ‘X’ when there is damage to the targeted opponents.
Best Mouse Settings for Apex Legends
The importance of the mouse sensitivity in Apex Legends does not need much explaining. Apex Legends is a game that allows the players to aim both vertically and horizontally. Naturally, one needs to be spot on with the sensitivity settings to perform on par with top players.
|ADS Mouse Sensitivity Multiplayer|
|Per Optic ADS Sensitivity|
- The DPI of the mouse should be set around 1400; it is the most common setting used by pro players. For beginners, the same is recommended at 400; for veterans, it is 800.
- Additional mouse settings such as mouse invert and mouse acceleration should be ‘off.’
- For controller players, the ADS sensitivity could be increased up to 3 to 5.
Best Keybinds for Apex Legends
The default Keybinds for Apex Legends are, in fact, quite good and require little to no change. In fact, pro players use the same settings. However, there are still a couple of things that one can adjust per their preference.
Left Ctrl/ Left Click
Mouse 5/ Q/
Y/ Mouse 5/ Mouse 4
- The Keybinds must be adjusted with the different ‘Legends’ available in the game.
- It is crucial that one invest in a gaming mouse to have access to additional and customizable mouse buttons.
- One should remember that keybinds should allow quick access to actions and inventory.
While being a fun game, Apex Legends is still one of the most challenging. To break into the top percentile, the player would need more than just skills and gaming hardware.
They need everything to break in their favor, and the above-listed settings will only help move odds one inch in their direction. Any gamer who wants to challenge the crown must change their Apex Legends default setting to those listed above ASAP.