London Spitfire, a premier professional Overwatch team and Stage 1 champions of Blizzard Entertainment’s Overwatch, and Logitech G, the global leader in PC and console gaming gear, have announced a one-year partnership that will see the peripheral company be the official gear provider for the team.
This is the first major sponsorship for London Spitfire and will aid Logitech G’s team in continuing to develop professional-grade gaming peripherals for gamers everywhere, whether they’re an esports professional or a casual player.
- Esports Sponsorships: 32 Brands Which Have Partnered with the Best League of Legen…
- Two-Time F1 World Champion Fernando Alonso Joins Forces with Logitech G and G2 Esp…
- Logitech to Acquire ASTRO Gaming, Adding Console Gaming Headsets to its Position a…
Get the latest business and marketing related esports insights straight into your inbox. Sign up here. For free!
“We know the quality that Logitech G brings with its top-notch gear,” said Jack Etienne, owner and CEO of London Spitfire and Cloud9. “We’ve worked with Logitech G for many years at Cloud9 and we’re thrilled to continue that relationship now with London Spitfire.”
As part of the official partnership, the Logitech G logo will be imprinted on the London Spitfire jersey beginning this week during Stage 2 of the Overwatch League. Fans can tune in to see the new jersey when London Spitfire take on Florida Mayhem on March 1 at 4:00 p.m. PT / 12:00 a.m. GMT.
“We’re proud to begin a partnership with the Overwatch League’s London Spitfire. As major Overwatch fans, we’re excited to supply the gear to help them win big,” said Ujesh Desai, vice president and general manager of Logitech Gaming. “Winning aside, the team has been an excellent representative for the Logitech G brand, showing great sportsmanship and appreciation for their fans.”
For more information on London Spitfire, visit www.spitfire.gg or follow the team on Twitter at @Spitfire. For more information on Logitech G products and partnerships, visit www.logitechg.com or follow Logitech G on Twitter at @LogitechG.
More esports sponsorship content:
- NBA 2K League Announces Panera Bread as First Restaurant Partner
- CORSAIR to Sponsor Rainbow Six Pro League for Ubisoft’s Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six S…
- DKB Becomes Main Partner of Prime League and Initiates First League of Legends Sch…
- Dallas Fuel Signs Frontier Communications as Presenting Sponsor for 2020 Esports S…
- eNASCAR iRacing Competition Refreshed By Coca-Cola Beginning in 2020
- Coca Cola Is the Newest Sponsor for the Pittsburgh Knights
- MMD Announces Sponsorship of G2 Esports in 2020
- Call of Duty League Unveils Mountain Dew, PlayStation, ASTRO Gaming, SCUF Gaming a…
- BURGER KING Ignites Brand New Belgian League of Legends League
- CORSAIR Announces Partnership with Team Vitality
About London Spitfire
London Spitfire is a top-rated professional Overwatch team representing the United Kingdom in Blizzard Entertainment’s Overwatch League. Owned and operated by premiere global esports organization Cloud9, the name Spitfire is a homage to the famous British World War II warplane the Supermarine Spitfire. The London Spitfire roster consists of former star players from APEX Champions GC Busan and Cloud9 KongDoo and is currently the only European-based team competing in the debut season of the Overwatch League.
About Logitech G
Logitech G, a brand of Logitech International, is the global leader in PC and console gaming gear. Logitech G provides gamers of all levels with industry-leading keyboards, mice, headsets, mousepads and simulation products such as wheels and flight sticks – made possible through innovative design, advanced technologies and a deep passion for gaming. Founded in 1981, and headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, Logitech International is a Swiss public company listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (LOGN) and on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (LOGI). Find Logitech G at www.logitechG.com, the company blog or @LogitechG. Logitech and other Logitech marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Logitech Europe S.A and/or its affiliates in the US and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. For more information about Logitech and its products, visit the company’s website at www.logitech.com.
Source: Press release