OpTic Gaming, the industry-defining esports media and entertainment organization, and NGAGE Esports, the broadcast and events management company launched by Infinite Esports & Entertainment, are launching a new event called OpTic Arena. The event, held from June 8-10, is a series of public esports activities taking place at A-Kon®, a convention that accumulates 33,000+ attendees each year in Fort Worth, Texas.
OpTic Arena will feature a series of video game events that attendees can participate in for the chance to earn cool prizes and merchandise. Tickets for the three-day event include access to A-Kon®, which includes a 24-hour gaming venue at the nearby Omni Hotel in Fort Worth. General admission tickets are available for $65 per person for a limited time and can be purchased at the NGAGE Esports event page: ngage.gg.
- Nissan Partners with Esports Teams FaZe Clan and OpTic Gaming
- We Are Nations Announces Merchandise Deals with OpTic Gaming, Method and Blast Pro…
- OpTic Gaming Partners with Scuf Gaming for 2019
- OpTic Gaming Partners with Sansar on Revolutionary New Social Esports Experience i…
- OpTiC Gaming Picks Up VKGAME Sponsorship Ahead of the International 8
The OpTic Arena will host a series of gaming events including:
- Call of Duty – Players face off in a first-person shooter reenactment of WWII conflicts, utilizing the era’s guns and weapons.
- Super Smash Bros. Melee – Players pit Nintendo’s most famous mascots against each other in an attempt to knock each other off the stage for a slice of the $5,000 pot bonus.
- Dragon Ball FighterZ – The cast of the world-famous anime series shoot fireballs and exchange blindingly fast punches and kicks in a traditional 2D fighting game. Winners will earn a part of a $5,000 pot bonus.
- Street Fighter V – The latest iteration of the classic fighting game series has its cast punch, kick, throw, and fireball each other into submission in one-on-one combat. The best performers will get a part of a $5,000 prize pot.
- Featured Twitch and OpTic Content Creators – Professional gamers and streamers play their favorite games while also engaging in exhibitions.
About OpTic Gaming
OpTic Gaming is an industry-defining esports media and entertainment organization widely known for its passionate global community and perennial success across multiple esports titles. Founded in 2006, OpTic is based in the Dallas area and co-owned by founder Hector Rodriguez, entrepreneur Chris Chaney, and Texas Rangers co-owner Neil Leibman. With millions of followers across its social channels, OpTic is among the most popular and successful esports teams on the planet and currently consists of rosters that compete professionally in Call of Duty, Halo, Gears of War, Overwatch, Counter-strike Global Offensive, League Of Legends Championship Series and Dota 2 pro circuits.
About NGAGE Esports
NGAGE Esports, founded by Jonathon Oudthone, is a creative broadcast and events management company, developing the basis for growth in all aspects of the competitive gaming ecosystem. NGAGE works directly with OpTic Gaming and the Houston Outlaws to produce exclusive events and livestreams. We are part of the Infinite Esports & Entertainment family, alongside GG Esports Academy and No Scope Media.
A-Kon® is the longest running anime convention in North America and is one of the largest and highest ranked anime conventions in the U.S. Founded in 1990, A-Kon® is home to over 33,000 fans and active community enthusiasts of anime, gaming, cosplay, music, fashion, manga, art, film, media and Japanese culture. A-Kon® is hosted annually in downtown Fort Worth, Texas at the Fort Worth Convention Center and surrounding hotels.
Source: Press release