Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport has today announced the launch of its own Esports team. Based at the premises of the Formula One team in Brackley, the newly founded Esports team is called Mercedes-AMG Petronas Esports.
It will compete in the F1 Esports Series 2018, which will take place in October and November of this year.
Mercedes-AMG Petronas Esports signs four successful gamers
The team has recruited four top eracing talents to compete in the F1 Esports Series. British gamer Brendon Leigh, winner of last year’s inaugural F1 Esports Series, will compete alongside his compatriot Harry Jacks, holder of numerous league titles. Patryk Krutyi from Poland, who won four league titles in his home country, and the Hungarian Dani Bereznay, who was selected by the team in the F1 Esports Pro Draft a few weeks ago, complete the gamer line-up. Please find more information on the four gamers attached.
Access for the gamers to the F1 team’s performance centre
Mercedes-AMG Petronas Esports will be based at the premises of the Formula One team in Brackley where a purpose-built Esports training centre will provide the team’s gamers with state-of-the-art facilities and equipment to develop their skills. Located in the same building as the Driver-In-Loop Simulator, where F1 and development drivers provide feedback to engineers on a virtual model of the car, the Esports programme will benefit from transferable elements pertinent to optimising car set-up and honing race craft. The new facility will enable the gamers to work on their gaming performance on multiple platforms and further improve their skills. Construction of this new training centre is expected to commence in the following weeks. The programme also focuses on human performance and will give the Esports team members access to the on-site Performance Centre covering the core areas of nutrition, physical conditioning and wellbeing that support the gamers in reaching their full potential.
More esports business and marketing content:
- HyperX Named Official Peripheral Partner of Complexity Gaming
- Mercedes-Benz Becomes SK Gaming Partner: New Horizons For the Brand as It Invests …
- Telekom Announces Esports Tournament
- Champions Signs Multi-Year Partnership with Renegades
- Method and Corsair Announce New Partnership
- Alienware Continues Partnership with Team Liquid and Partners with Riot Games
- ESL and Intel Add Chicago Event to IEM Circuit, Doubling Viewership From IEM Oakla…
- Razer Partners with Williams Esports
- We Are Nations Announces Merchandise Deals with OpTic Gaming, Method and Blast Pro…
- Matcherino Announces $2.7 Million Series A-1 Financing to Accelerate Esports Tourn…
(Image) Source: Press release