ESforce has announced the start of a cooperation with KFC on launching a new season of KFC BATTLE, an international youth project. KFC BATTLE is a large-scale sports, cultural, and educational project aimed at young people. Its previous season brought together 250,000 participants and visitors, who will be joined this year by thousands more young people from Russia and the CIS. With its diverse range of activities involved, KFC BATTLE is a project that opens paths to multifaceted personal growth in sports and creativity.
This year, competitions in various disciplines will be hosted by 27 Russian and CIS cities, including Moscow, St. Petersburg, Barnaul, Chelyabinsk, Izhevsk, Kaluga, Kazan, Krasnodar, Krasnoyarsk, Lyubertsy, Nizhniy Novgorod, Novorossiysk, Novosibirsk, Omsk, Rostov-on-Don, Samara, Saratov, Surgut, Tver, Tyumen, Ufa, Volgograd, Voronezh, Yekaterinburg, Astana, and Almaty.
Support for the participants will be provided by genuine professionals in their respective fields, people who have already made the journey now lying ahead of the young sports players, performing artists, and bloggers.
This year, KFC BATTLE will for the first time include a KFC Esports Championship in Dota 2, with famous player and RuHub analyst Yaroslav “NS” Kuznetsov as mentor. Commentating and analysis studio RuHub will also take charge of livestreaming the KFC Esports Championship.
The championship is open to any team from Russia and the CIS consisting of players aged 14 or over. Participation in the championship is free. The qualifying stage will consist of two online qualifiers to determine the 4 strongest teams that will be invited to compete in the concluding round, the Superfinal in Moscow on July 21–22.
The winning team of the KFC Esports Championship will earn a quota in the Dota 2 finals of the 2018 Russian Esports Cup, held by the Russian Esports Federation. Players of the winning team will also go on a trip to Europe.
Roman Tarasov, Business Development Director, ESforce Holding: “We are glad to be part of such a major international project like KFC BATTLE. Esports is constantly growing in popularity, and has already matched the project’s other areas in this respect. We also hope that our participation this year will start a long-term cooperation between ESforce and KFC”.
Darya Martynova, Project Leader, KFC BATTLE: “Our project works with trends among the young. These days, esports is a full-fledged sport with a great number of young enthusiasts around the world. Branching into esports is an important step in KFC BATTLE’s development as a project. We are faced with an interesting task: to organize an international Dota 2 Championship with a spectacular final in Moscow. We are confident that, with a major holding like ESforce as our partner, we will be able to hold a truly large-scale, professionally organized tournament”.
More esports sponsorship and marketing content:
- GIGABYTE AORUS and G2 Esports Renew Partnership for a 4th Term
- IBM Enters Esports Arena with Activision Blizzard in New Multi-Year Deal as the Pr…
- Hisense Announces Global Partnership With Fnatic Esports Organization
- VISA And FACEIT Announce $450,000 Esports Program In Partnership With Gazprombank
- Enthusiast Gaming and G FUEL Forge Multi-Year Partnership
- NBA 2K League Announces Panera Bread as First Restaurant Partner
- CORSAIR to Sponsor Rainbow Six Pro League for Ubisoft’s Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six S…
- DKB Becomes Main Partner of Prime League and Initiates First League of Legends Sch…
- Dallas Fuel Signs Frontier Communications as Presenting Sponsor for 2020 Esports S…
- eNASCAR iRacing Competition Refreshed By Coca-Cola Beginning in 2020
Source: Press release