Grizz Gaming, the NBA 2K League video game team of the Memphis Grizzlies, today announced a sponsorship with FedEx. The union will explore the rapidly growing esports base and expand on a deep, Memphis-based alliance through two organizations that heavily prioritize technology and logistics.
“Esports and competitive gaming are rapidly evolving and offer engaging digital opportunities for the FedEx brand to reach new audiences,” said Patrick Fitzgerald, senior vice president of Integrated Marketing and Communications, FedEx. “We’re proud to be able to enter this new dimension in sports sponsorship by building on one of our most successful sports sponsorships and teaming up with the Memphis Grizzlies and Grizz Gaming for its inaugural season.”
“Grizz Gaming is thrilled to team up with such an esteemed, locally-based and globally-focused organization in FedEx,” said Grizz Gaming General Manager Lang Whitaker. “We’re excited to build on an already great relationship and further engage with the Greater Memphis community and beyond through multiple avenues in this endeavor.”
The sponsorship entails multiple branding aspects between Grizz Gaming and FedEx, including presenting entitlement for the team’s virtual court, which involves prominent brand position for FedEx on the floor, mirroring the placement on the Grizzlies home court. In addition, FedEx will present custom-branded digital content features to be pushed through social and digital channels, along with a weekly social-based feature among other opportunities.
“We are extremely pleased for Grizz Gaming to team with FedEx and further build upon our strong relationship,” said Jason Wexler, President of Business Operations for Grizz Gaming. “In continuing with our inaugural season, we are eager to collaborate with FedEx in building a connection with an esports fan base that continues to be bolstered by the NBA 2K League.”
Fans can visit the team’s new website, grizzgaming.com, for all news, updates and happenings regarding the team. Additionally, fans can follow the team on Twitch at twitch.tv/grizzgaming, @grizzgaming on Twitter and Instagram, as well as GrizzliesGaming on Facebook and Snapchat to follow along with the team’s inaugural season.
More esports sponsoring content:
- Turtle Beach Celebrates Partnership with EA Sports as FIFA 18 Global Series Playof…
- NODWIN Gaming Appoints London-Based Hugh Holland to Sell Sponsorship Across Events
- Gen.G and NETGEAR Expand Scope of Sponsorhip to Include All Gen.G Team
- AMD and Fnatic Ink Landmark Deal to Extend and Expand Esports Partnership
- Turtle Beach and Esports Phenoms Houtson Outlaws Band Together
- DHL and ESL Cooperate to Embrace the Future of Digital Sports
- Warsteiner Is the First Brewery to Become a National Partner of ESL
- McLaren and HTC Announce Multi-Year Virtual Realitly Partnership on Device, Conten…
- Immortals Launches Landmark Partnership with Mountain Dew
- ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG) Introduced as the Official Hardware Sponsor of H1Z1 …
About the NBA 2K LEAGUE
The NBA 2K League is a professional esports league co-founded by the NBA and Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:TTWO). Launched in 2018, the league features the best 102 NBA 2K players in the world. Each of the league’s 17 teams drafted six players to compete as unique characters in 5-on-5 play against the other teams in a mix of regular-season games, tournaments and playoffs. The league hosted tryouts in early 2018 before the draft in April and the season tip-off in May. For more information about the NBA 2K League, visit NBA2KLeague.com.
(Image) Source: Press release