Grizz Gaming, the NBA 2K League video game team of the Memphis Grizzlies, today announced a sponsorship with FedEx. The union will explore the rapidly growing esports base and expand on a deep, Memphis-based alliance through two organizations that heavily prioritize technology and logistics.
“Esports and competitive gaming are rapidly evolving and offer engaging digital opportunities for the FedEx brand to reach new audiences,” said Patrick Fitzgerald, senior vice president of Integrated Marketing and Communications, FedEx. “We’re proud to be able to enter this new dimension in sports sponsorship by building on one of our most successful sports sponsorships and teaming up with the Memphis Grizzlies and Grizz Gaming for its inaugural season.”
“Grizz Gaming is thrilled to team up with such an esteemed, locally-based and globally-focused organization in FedEx,” said Grizz Gaming General Manager Lang Whitaker. “We’re excited to build on an already great relationship and further engage with the Greater Memphis community and beyond through multiple avenues in this endeavor.”
The sponsorship entails multiple branding aspects between Grizz Gaming and FedEx, including presenting entitlement for the team’s virtual court, which involves prominent brand position for FedEx on the floor, mirroring the placement on the Grizzlies home court. In addition, FedEx will present custom-branded digital content features to be pushed through social and digital channels, along with a weekly social-based feature among other opportunities.
“We are extremely pleased for Grizz Gaming to team with FedEx and further build upon our strong relationship,” said Jason Wexler, President of Business Operations for Grizz Gaming. “In continuing with our inaugural season, we are eager to collaborate with FedEx in building a connection with an esports fan base that continues to be bolstered by the NBA 2K League.”
Fans can visit the team’s new website, grizzgaming.com, for all news, updates and happenings regarding the team. Additionally, fans can follow the team on Twitch at twitch.tv/grizzgaming, @grizzgaming on Twitter and Instagram, as well as GrizzliesGaming on Facebook and Snapchat to follow along with the team’s inaugural season.
More esports sponsoring content:
- VISA And FACEIT Announce $450,000 Esports Program In Partnership With Gazprombank
- Enthusiast Gaming and G FUEL Forge Multi-Year Partnership
- NBA 2K League Announces Panera Bread as First Restaurant Partner
- CORSAIR to Sponsor Rainbow Six Pro League for Ubisoft’s Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six S…
- DKB Becomes Main Partner of Prime League and Initiates First League of Legends Sch…
- Dallas Fuel Signs Frontier Communications as Presenting Sponsor for 2020 Esports S…
- eNASCAR iRacing Competition Refreshed By Coca-Cola Beginning in 2020
- Coca Cola Is the Newest Sponsor for the Pittsburgh Knights
- MMD Announces Sponsorship of G2 Esports in 2020
- Call of Duty League Unveils Mountain Dew, PlayStation, ASTRO Gaming, SCUF Gaming a…
About the NBA 2K LEAGUE
The NBA 2K League is a professional esports league co-founded by the NBA and Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:TTWO). Launched in 2018, the league features the best 102 NBA 2K players in the world. Each of the league’s 17 teams drafted six players to compete as unique characters in 5-on-5 play against the other teams in a mix of regular-season games, tournaments and playoffs. The league hosted tryouts in early 2018 before the draft in April and the season tip-off in May. For more information about the NBA 2K League, visit NBA2KLeague.com.
(Image) Source: Press release