Gillette, the world’s leading male grooming brand, which has been working with the world’s best athletes for many decades, is now official partner of the ESL Championship (ESL Meisterschaft) in Germany.
Gillette thus continues its international involvement in the field of esports: By sponsoring the Intel® Extreme Masters (IEM) World Championship Katowice, Gillette entered into a partnership with the global brand ESL in 2017, which is now being expanded to the German market in 2018.
Andras Papp, Gillette Brand Communications Leader in Europe and IMEA, said: “As a pioneer in sports marketing, we are always looking to take another step forward. We are pleased to have a strong partner at our side in the form of ESL, who shares a passion for fascinating sports and precision and who organizes the most prestigious league in Germany”.
- Gillette and Twitch Announce the Gillette Gaming Alliance
- Boston Uprising and Gillette Announce Official Partnership
- Pringles® Expands Esports Commitment and Extends Partnership with ESL
- Gillette® Bolsters its eSports Roster with EDward Gaming (EDG) Team Partnership
- Gillette® Enters eSports Through Global Partnership with ESL as Sponsor of the Lea…
Get the latest business and marketing related esports insights straight into your inbox. Sign up here. For free!
Bernhard Mogk, SVP Global Sales & Business Development at ESL, is also pleased about the new partnership: “The ideal symbiosis: the Gillette brand is not only a perfect match for ESL with its impressive sports tradition, but also with its innovative products! We are pleased to be able to create added value for esports and the esports community in Germany with such a great partner.”
Last year, Gillette recognized the potential of digital sports and entered the world of esports as a sponsor of the ESL Intel® Extreme Masters (IEM) World Championship in Katowice and as a sponsor of the successful League of Legends clubs EDward Gaming and Team SoloMid.
Gillette’s first global esports brand ambassador was previously the successful Spanish sSports champion and former League of Legends World Champion Enrique Cedeño (xPeke).
More esports sponsorship content:
- SK Gaming Announces Partnership with Esports Lifestyle Brand ORITY
- Enthusiast Gaming & Luminosity Gaming Partner With foodora Canada, a Leading …
- Wix and FaZe Clan Launch Global Partnership
- Betway and PSG.LGD Seal Six-Figure Sponsorship
- XPG Becomes an Official Sponsor of Jeremy Lin’s J.Storm Esports Organization
- PENTA.1860 Partners with Stadtsparkasse München
- Bumble & Gen.G Announce ‘Team Bumble’ All-Women’s Fortnite …
- Honda Increases Stake in Esports with Riot Games League of Legends Championship Se…
- BIG and OMEN by HP Extend Their Strategic Partnership and Expand Academy Cooperati…
- 3N2 Named Official Supplier of Game Gear to Full Sail Armada Esports Teams
Source: Press release