Fabien Devide and Nicolas Maurer, founders of Team Vitality, have announced raising two and a half million euros from Korelya Capital, Kima Ventures and H26.
Team Vitality will use the funds to recruit the best players, participate in major professional video game competitions and leagues around the world, and create an academy dedicated to League of Legends to help young hopefuls prepare for the high-level demands of the game.
Get the latest business and marketing related esports insights straight into your inbox. Sign up here. For free!
With it, Team Vitality enters the very closed circle of European teams having raised funds, confirming its position as a leader in France and Europe.
For Nicolas Maurer, CEO of Team Vitality: “Vitality’s ambition is to become an undisputed European leader whose teams participate in all the major professional e-sports leagues. The fundraising, along with our partners, will let us accelerate our growth and consolidate our position among the biggest e-sports brands in Europe.”
Team Vitality is the most important professional e-sports club in France and among the first in Europe. As the only tricolor club member of the LCS League of Legends (the official European Championship for the most-played game in the world with more than 100 million active players) since 2015, Team Vitality was the 2016 ESL Pro League World Champion of the Rainbow Six game, and 2017 World Champion of the FIFA soccer game.
The club has more than 50 professional players of different nationalities under contract and in its ranks. They participate in competitions for a dozen games, including League of Legends, Fifa, Rainbow Six and PUBG. The team’s success has seen it form partnerships with major brands such as HP / Omen, Adidas, Canal +, Volvic.
More esports investment content:
- chiliZ to Invest $10 Million into ‘Battle Royale’ Esports Organisation…
- ReKTGlobal Invests in OverPowered Network, a Bahrain-Based Esports Company
- The Ledger Group Invests $1.5M in Esports Club Splyce
- Play2Live Launches Venture Fund to Invest in Gaming and Esports Industries
- Major VC Firm Mangrove Invests In Esports Blockchain Startup DreamTeam
- Indian Esports Content Startup AFK Gaming Attracts Pre-Series A Funding
- Vision Esports Closes $38 Million Capital Raise and Invests in Echo Fox, Twin Gala…
- Esports Audience Monetization Platform FanAI Secures $2.5M Funding Round
- Blockchain-based Streaming Platform Play2Live Secured $7M in Private Pre-sale
- Liberty Global and Telstra Lead $25 Million Investment Into Skillz to Build Future…
About Korelya Capital
Korelya Capital was born from a meeting with a dynamic and experienced team led by Fleur Pellerin, former French Tech Minister, and the Korean Internet giant NAVER, as well as its Japanese subsidiary LINE. Korelya Capital now has €200m, with the mission to support the tech ecosystem in Europe and grow French and European digital champions internationally – in particular, by offering privileged access to Asian markets.
H26 is the investment company owned by Olivier Delcourt, president of the DFCO, League 1 football club.
Source: Press release