ELEAGUE, Turner and IMG’s premium esports content and live tournament brand, will make its initial foray into reality television with the launch of ELEAGUE The Challenger: Street Fighter V, Friday, April 20, at 11 p.m. ET/PT on TBS. The five-part series will feature an entertaining clash of personalities, as cameras follow seven contestants in an Atlanta-area house while they face off in Capcom’s classic fighting game Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition.
The series will also take viewers along with the participants as they experience the greater Atlanta area through unique “Challenge” activities and strive to earn a spot among the world’s top Street Fighter® V stars in ELEAGUE’s upcoming Street Fighter V Invitational 2018 (more information available here). The last person in contention at the end of the show will earn a berth to compete for a $250,000 prize pool at the upcoming Invitational.
ELEAGUE The Challenger: Street Fighter V will feature popular ELEAGUE fighting game personalities Steve “Tasty Steve” Scott and Stephen “Sajam” Lyon as co-hosts.
The show will then continue weekly with new episodes airing each Friday at 11 p.m. ET/PT on TBS. The series was created and produced in partnership with Executive Producers Eli Holzman and Aaron Saidman of The Intellectual Property Corporation and Showrunner/Executive Producer Tony Yates.
More esports events content:
- ESL One powered by Intel® Returns to New York with Counter-Strike: Global Offensiv…
- PUBG Corporation to Host PUBG Global Invitational 2018 in Berlin
- VY Esports Teams Up With Electronic Arts And Coca-Cola For Russian Interactive Foo…
- Overwatch League Grand Finals to Be Held at Barclays Center in Brooklyn
- Clash Royale League Welcomes Eight High Profile Orgs for Europe
- ELEAGUE Street Fighter® V Invitational 2018 to Showcase Clash of 24 Elite Players
- ESL One Belo Horizonte 2018 Powered by Intel to Debut in Brazil with $US200,000 Pr…
- City of Arlington Partners with Esports Venues to Open Esports Stadium Arlington
- American Esports Club Los Angeles Valiant Launch Flagship Community Event Series
- KFC Announces Esports Championship in Dota 2, Partners with ESforce
ELEAGUE – formed in partnership between Turner and IMG – is a premium esports content and live tournament brand that has aligned with some of the most popular esports titles in the business through its first two years: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive – including having hosted two Major Championships – Overwatch®, Street Fighter V, Dota 2, Injustice 2, Rocket League, Formula E and TEKKEN® 7. With a focus on innovative production capabilities, storytelling and exploring compelling narratives surrounding star teams and players, ELEAGUE has generated record levels of engagement with its content and positive reaction throughout the esports community since its launch in 2016.
Capcom is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment for game consoles, PCs, handheld and wireless devices. Founded in 1983, the company has created hundreds of games including ground-breaking franchises Resident Evil®, Street Fighter®, Monster Hunter™, Ace Attorney®, Mega Man® and Devil May Cry®. Capcom maintains operations in the U.S., Canada, U.K., France, Germany, Tokyo, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Korea, with corporate headquarters located in Osaka, Japan. More information about Capcom and its products can be found at www.capcom.com or www.capcom-unity.com. Capcom, the Capcom logo, Ace Attorney, Devil May Cry, Mega Man, Monster Hunter and Resident Evil are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Capcom Co., Ltd., in the U.S. or other countries. Street Fighter is a registered trademark of Capcom U.S.A., Inc. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
Source: Press release