Celtic FC is set to join the eFootball.Pro football eSports competition. Celtic took part in the eFootball.Pro Invitational tournament last August, and now has decided to officially enter the competition as a founder club. The Celtic FC eSports players will compete against FC Barcelona’s, Schalke 04’s and AS Monaco’s, the other announced members of this international league.
“It’s great news that Celtic joins our competition”, stated Gerard Piqué, founder and president of eFootball.Pro. “I have faced them several times as a player and I know that they will show in eSports the same integrity they display on the pitch. Having a club with so much history will give us the necessary values to make our league a model in the sector”.
Gordon Kaye, Head of Business Development of Celtic FC, said: “Following our partnership with KONAMI, creating a PES team to challenge for the inaugural eFootball.Pro title is an exciting first step into the evolving world of eSports and we look forward to competing against top international teams”. Celtic will be recruiting two professional video game players to represent the club in the eFootball.Pro league.
eFootball.Pro competition will be played using Pro Evolution Soccer, the video game series by the global digital entertainment publisher KONAMI. Masami Saso, President of Konami Digital Entertainment B.V., said: “I am excited to see this unique eSports competition continue to grow and take shape, especially with a club as formidable and iconic as Celtic FC”. “It is a privilege for KONAMI to work with organizations such as eFootball.Pro and Celtic FC who continue to drive the sport forward and create new derbies to excite for years to come”, he added.
eFootball.Pro seeks to professionalise football eSports. More clubs will be added to the league very soon and more news regarding competition features will be given.
More esports business and marketing content:
- RIISE Ventures Levels Up With Strategic Investment in Georgia’s Largest Espo…
- Washington Justice Announces Events DC As First 2019 Season Sponsor
- Sapphire Ventures Raises $115M+ to Launch ‘Sapphire Sport Funds PlatformR…
- StreamElements Raises $11.3M Series A to Expand Live Video Creation Platform for G…
- Honda Partners with Team Liquid
- EA and NFL Announce Bose, New Era and SNICKERS as New Sponsors for the Madden NFL …
- Betway and BIG Announce Two-Year Sponsorship Agreement
- German Insurance Company R+V Signs Three-Year Sponsorship Deal with FC Schalke 04 …
- PUMA Is the Newest Partner of American Esports Club Cloud9
- Golden Guardians Partner with Plantronics’ RIG 500 Pro Series
(Image) Source: Press release