Celtic FC is set to join the eFootball.Pro football eSports competition. Celtic took part in the eFootball.Pro Invitational tournament last August, and now has decided to officially enter the competition as a founder club. The Celtic FC eSports players will compete against FC Barcelona’s, Schalke 04’s and AS Monaco’s, the other announced members of this international league.
“It’s great news that Celtic joins our competition”, stated Gerard Piqué, founder and president of eFootball.Pro. “I have faced them several times as a player and I know that they will show in eSports the same integrity they display on the pitch. Having a club with so much history will give us the necessary values to make our league a model in the sector”.
Gordon Kaye, Head of Business Development of Celtic FC, said: “Following our partnership with KONAMI, creating a PES team to challenge for the inaugural eFootball.Pro title is an exciting first step into the evolving world of eSports and we look forward to competing against top international teams”. Celtic will be recruiting two professional video game players to represent the club in the eFootball.Pro league.
eFootball.Pro competition will be played using Pro Evolution Soccer, the video game series by the global digital entertainment publisher KONAMI. Masami Saso, President of Konami Digital Entertainment B.V., said: “I am excited to see this unique eSports competition continue to grow and take shape, especially with a club as formidable and iconic as Celtic FC”. “It is a privilege for KONAMI to work with organizations such as eFootball.Pro and Celtic FC who continue to drive the sport forward and create new derbies to excite for years to come”, he added.
eFootball.Pro seeks to professionalise football eSports. More clubs will be added to the league very soon and more news regarding competition features will be given.
More esports business and marketing content:
- Bud Light to become Official Beer Sponsor of the Overwatch League
- Beko to Sponsor League of Legends European Championship
- GFR Fund Opens New $20M Investment Fund for Tech Startups Disrupting Digital Media…
- Vivo Announces to Empower Gamers’ Conquest at PUBG MOBILE Club Open 2019 by …
- Comcast Spectacor and The Cordish Companies Announce $50 Million, Next-Generation …
- Audeze Partners With Esports Organization Echo Fox
- Singtel Powers Up Support for Gaming and Esports with SEA Games Sponsorship and Co…
- Enthusiast Gaming Acquires Significant Interest in Waveform Entertainment, a Leadi…
- Nissan Partners with Esports Teams FaZe Clan and OpTic Gaming
- Mars Media and Disneyland Paris to Co-Host the Very First Dota 2 Major in France
(Image) Source: Press release