Available today, athletes.gg offers esports and professional gaming fans an easy way to stay up-to-date with their favorite athletes (gamers). Fans no longer have to jump between different sources like YouTube, Twitch, Twitter, and Reddit to watch and discover new clips and content.
Athletes.gg lets fans create a free, personalized up to date feed on their favorite athletes, games, and events. As soon as an athlete uploads a new YouTube video starts streaming on Twitch, or starts competing at an event, fans will be notified.
This platform is the brainchild of Alexander Martin, Founder and CEO of Athletes.gg Inc. The son of Filipino immigrants that came to the US in 1994, he is a first generation American betting on a dream and the 1.5 billion dollar gaming industry. Alex, a pre-med drop out and unapologetically Taylor Swift’s #1 fan, started delving into the start-up scene and connected the dots realizing the need for this social platform. An active gamer that goes by the gamertag of “SuitUpAlex” and has an in-depth understanding of the gaming culture and how fans are consuming the content created by the top athletes in esports, he soon realized there is a lot of fragmentation and a lack of consumer education due to rapid growth. The internet is full of esports news and content, but it requires a lot of work from hardcore fans to keep up and sift through the updates.
Alex believes that playing video games is becoming “America’s favorite past time!” and is going all in on that belief structure. “Just the fact that Gen Z will spend 9 hours on Twitch watching their favorite player stream is big,” Alex says. He created the a.gg score, “The a.gg score is like the wine score for esports.”
athletes.gg is available now on the Google Play Store and on https://athletes.gg, and soon on Apple AppStore. Visit https://athletes.gg for more information. Athletes.gg Inc. is founded by Alexander Martin and Eric Irish, two startup vets and avid esports enthusiasts. The company recently closed an angel investment round.
More esports business and marketing content:
- NBA 2K League Announces Panera Bread as First Restaurant Partner
- CORSAIR to Sponsor Rainbow Six Pro League for Ubisoft’s Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six S…
- DKB Becomes Main Partner of Prime League and Initiates First League of Legends Sch…
- Dallas Fuel Signs Frontier Communications as Presenting Sponsor for 2020 Esports S…
- Bit Fry Game Studios Secures $3.5 Million Investment from Game Venture Funds, BITK…
- eNASCAR iRacing Competition Refreshed By Coca-Cola Beginning in 2020
- Coca Cola Is the Newest Sponsor for the Pittsburgh Knights
- MMD Announces Sponsorship of G2 Esports in 2020
- Call of Duty League Unveils Mountain Dew, PlayStation, ASTRO Gaming, SCUF Gaming a…
- BURGER KING Ignites Brand New Belgian League of Legends League
(Image) Source: Press release