AS Monaco is the third club to join the football esports competition created by eFootball.Pro and the the global digital entertainment publisher KONAMI. They join FC Barcelona and FC Schalke 04, the other announced founding partners of this international league.
“One year after having created our dedicated esports structure, this is another step forward in electronic sports industry for AS Monaco. The club which is already participating in different games, shows with this new move its commitment to position itself as a key player in this area”, declared AS Monaco Commercial and Marketing Director Juli Ferre. “We are delighted to be the third club joining, as founding partners along with FC Barcelona and Schalke 04, in the first international electronic sports league for football clubs only. We are very excited to soon be competing with such great challengers, in this tough competition which will provide great moments to share with our fans”, added.
“Monaco is currently one of the greatest European clubs and a very expected addition to eFootball.Pro”, stated Gerard Piqué, founder and president of eFootball.Pro. “They are already in several esports leagues with other games and will undoubtedly be a rival to take into account in our competition. The rest of clubs will have to be on the alert for their moves before and during the season”.
“The unique and illustrious esports competition, eFootball.Pro, continues to attract the greatest football clubs known all over the world, as further evidenced by today’s AS Monaco announcement”, said Masami Saso, President of Konami Digital Entertainment B.V. “We are incredibly excited to welcome AS Monaco into our growing, competitive family and are looking forward to watching the first clash between our new challengers and their opponents”.
eFootball.Pro’s and KONAMI’s competition aims to professionalise football esports and will add more clubs soon. It will be played using the video game series of the Japanese company.
More esports business and marketing content:
- Bud Light to become Official Beer Sponsor of the Overwatch League
- Beko to Sponsor League of Legends European Championship
- GFR Fund Opens New $20M Investment Fund for Tech Startups Disrupting Digital Media…
- Vivo Announces to Empower Gamers’ Conquest at PUBG MOBILE Club Open 2019 by …
- Comcast Spectacor and The Cordish Companies Announce $50 Million, Next-Generation …
- Audeze Partners With Esports Organization Echo Fox
- Singtel Powers Up Support for Gaming and Esports with SEA Games Sponsorship and Co…
- Enthusiast Gaming Acquires Significant Interest in Waveform Entertainment, a Leadi…
- Nissan Partners with Esports Teams FaZe Clan and OpTic Gaming
- Mars Media and Disneyland Paris to Co-Host the Very First Dota 2 Major in France
(Image) Source: Press release