Gillette (NYSE: PG), the world’s leading expert in men’s grooming, and Twitch, the leading service and community for multiplayer entertainment, today announced the “Gillette Gaming Alliance,” a team of 11 Twitch streamers from 11 countries selected to represent the brand and create content for viewers.
Starting this month, the Gillette Gaming Alliance will support a “Bits for Blades” promotion, as well as an ultimate fan experience at TwitchCon Europe in Berlin from April 13-14, 2019.
The following countries and streamers comprise the 2019 Gillette Gaming Alliance:
- USA – CourageJD – https://www.twitch.tv/couragejd
- Italy – CiccioGamer89 – https://www.twitch.tv/cicciogamer89
- Poland – IzakOOO – https://www.twitch.tv/izakooo
- Japan – Daigothebeastv – https://www.twitch.tv/daigothebeastv
- Brazil – Jovirone – https://www.twitch.tv/jovirone
- Russia – Dendi – https://www.twitch.tv/dendi
- UK – b0aty – https://www.twitch.tv/b0aty
- Spain – MarkiLokurasY – https://www.twitch.tv/markilokurasy
- South Korea – Yapyap30 – https://www.twitch.tv/yapyap30
- Turkey – Mithrain – https://www.twitch.tv/Mithrain
- Germany – Papaplatte – https://www.twitch.tv/papaplatte
“With our history of partnering with the best in class in sports and entertainment around the world, and as an early non-endemic brand playing in the gaming and esports space, Gillette is proud to take this next step with Twitch and align with the best streamers from around the world,” said Jaweria Ali, Global Marketing Director at Gillette. “We also can’t wait to give fans the ultimate experience at the first TwitchCon outside of the U.S. in April!”
Through “Bits for Blades,” the Gillette Gaming Alliance streamers will provide fans the opportunity to earn Twitch Bits, a virtual good users can send in chat to support streamers financially, by buying select Gillette products displayed and discussed by Alliance team members. By clicking on a Gillette-branded banner, viewers can purchase Gillette products through Amazon.com or a third-party vendor and earn at least 250 Twitch Bits in return.
“The Twitch community thrives on being able to directly support their favorite streamers both emotionally and financially, and seeing that support show up on screen is an added bonus,” said Nathan Lindberg, Senior Director, Global Sponsorship at Twitch. “Through ‘Bits for Blades,’ Gillette is empowering fans to completely support their favorite streamers and be recognized for it by their peers, all because of their affinity for Gillette products. That’s a win-win for everyone!”
At TwitchCon Europe, fans can expect giveaways from Gillette, meet-and-greets with the Gillette Gaming Alliance and top Twitch personalities and other activities. For more information, please visit Gillette’s official website here, and on Twitter and Facebook.
More esports business and marketing content:
- Allied Esports Entertainment Announces $5 Million Investment by Leading Real Estat…
- SK Gaming Announces Partnership with Esports Lifestyle Brand ORITY
- EA SPORTS FIFA 19 Global Series Breaks Viewership Records
- Enthusiast Gaming & Luminosity Gaming Partner With foodora Canada, a Leading …
- ESL’s Major Tournaments Record 90% Growth in Viewership by Increasing Esport…
- Wix and FaZe Clan Launch Global Partnership
- Betway and PSG.LGD Seal Six-Figure Sponsorship
- XPG Becomes an Official Sponsor of Jeremy Lin’s J.Storm Esports Organization
- PENTA.1860 Partners with Stadtsparkasse München
- Bumble & Gen.G Announce ‘Team Bumble’ All-Women’s Fortnite …
For more than 115 years, Gillette has delivered precision technology and unrivalled product performance – improving the lives of over 800 million consumers around the world. From shaving and body grooming, to skin care and sweat protection, Gillette offers a wide variety of products including razors, shave gel (gels, foams and creams), skin care, after shaves, antiperspirants, deodorants and body wash. For more information and the latest news on Gillette, visit www.gillette.com. To see our full selection of products, visit www.gillette.com. Follow Gillette on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
About Procter & Gamble
P&G serves consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ambi Pur®, Ariel®, Bounty®, Charmin®, Crest®, Dawn®, Downy®, Fairy®, Febreze®, Gain®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Lenor®, Olay®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, SK-II®, Tide®, Vicks®, and Whisper®. The P&G community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide. Please visit http://www.pg.com for the latest news and information about P&G and its brands.
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. It brings the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming and world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, the biggest community event of the year, where tens of thousands of people come together to celebrate and connect with others who share their interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Twitter and on our Blog.
(Image) Source: Press release