DDB Worldwide is launching DDB FTW (For The Win), the world’s first specialized esports & gaming network agency this month. The agency’s head office will be located in Prague and led by CEO, Global Esports & Gaming Lead, Darko Silajdžić, with additional capacities run out of the DDB agencies in Amsterdam, Dusseldorf, Paris and Hong Kong.
“In a changing world dominated by news of pandemics and social distancing, we are seeing acceleration of macro trends across all categories,” says Silajdžić, “and none with more momentum and potential than gaming and esports. As a gamer, I understand that the places where the next generation of people come together is shifting from physical locations to platforms like Fortnite.”
30% of the entire planet are gamers. It is a cross-generational phenomena that is inclusive and vibrant, and DDB is the first global network agency dedicated to guide brands into this vital territory.
DDB FTW will provide global and regional esports and gaming solutions to current clients, and new partners. The launch of the agency recognizes the importance of the category as a channel to reach the 2.8 billion people who identify as gamers.
Says Glen Lomas, President of DDB, EMEA: “This category is not simply about playing Candy Crush or shooting games, it is a movement that spawns its own music, fashion, and language. Gaming platforms are a lifeline of social connection for people during these trying times, and we expect the trend to continue in a post-Covid world.”
DDB FTW consists of passionate gamers from the DDB network covering various areas of expertise including strategy, creative, business design, innovation and tech.
More esports business and marketing content:
- Dignitas And Online Eyewear Retailer Zenni Partner To Support Women’s Profes…
- Griffin Gaming Partners (GGP) Targets Gaming Industry With $235 Million In Investm…
- bevestor Becomes Naming Right Partner Of The Virtual Bundesliga
- Turtle Beach & ROCCAT Sponsor 12 Episodes Of The Gamer Hour Series From Espor…
- EVOS Esports Announces Sponsorship With Chek Hup Coffee
- ESL Pro League 2020 Shatters Viewership Records
- Competitive Mobile Game Honor of Kings Hits 100 Million Average Daily Active Users
- Insurance Company CosmosDirekt Becomes Partner of the esports player foundation
- VSPN Secures $100M Series B Funding Round and Will Start a New Round of Esports St…
- NFL FLAG Announces Madden 21 Youth Club Championship Presented By Subway Restauran…
DDB Worldwide (www.ddb.com) is one of the world’s largest and most influential advertising and marketing networks. DDB has been named Agency of the Year numerous times by the Cannes International Festival of Creativity and many other of the industry’s leading advertising publications and awards shows. The agency’s clients include Mars, McDonald’s, Johnson & Johnson, Unilever and Volkswagen among others. Founded in 1949, DDB is part of the Omnicom Group (NYSE) and consists of more than 200 offices in over 90 countries with its flagship office in New York, NY.
Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE – OMC) is a leading global marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom’s branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, digital and interactive marketing, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
(Image) Source: Press release