AOK Bremen/Bremerhaven is now the official health partner of Werder eSPORTS. The long-standing health partner of the german soccer club is thus extending its commitment to virtual football. The health insurance company and SV Werder Bremen are working together to educate people about the right way to deal with the topic of “gaming”. In addition to an activation package and participation in the Werder eSPORTS FIFA19 Cup, AOK Bremen/Bremerhaven will also secure the logo presence on the jerseys of Werder’s FIFA professionals.
“A commitment to esports is very important for us, as millions of young people and young adults in Germany now play gaming in their free time. As a health insurance company, we would like to draw attention to topics such as healthy nutrition and physical fitness in this environment and offer practical assistance and solutions that already exist in terms of concentration, problem solving and stress reduction,” says Jörg Twiefel, Deputy Chairman of AOK Bremen/Bremerhaven.
Klaus Filbry, CEO of SV Werder Bremen, is pleased about the cooperation in the area of esports: “It was important to us from the very beginning that our esports commitment should also draw attention to the correct way of dealing with the topic of gaming. esports professionals are under extreme mental and cognitive strain at the tournaments. High performance is only possible if you focus on mental and physical fitness during training. The partnership with the AOK gives us the opportunity together to point out the importance of these topics”.
SV Werder Bremen joined esports at the end of July. Since then, the focus has been on the football simulation “FIFA” by EA Sports. SV Werder has signed the two professional FIFA players Mohammed “MoAuba” Harkous and Michael “MegaBit” Bittner, who will be hunting goals for the green-whites in the virtual world.
More esports business and marketing content:
- VISA And FACEIT Announce $450,000 Esports Program In Partnership With Gazprombank
- Enthusiast Gaming and G FUEL Forge Multi-Year Partnership
- FaZe Clan Reveals $40 Million Series A Details
- NBA 2K League Announces Panera Bread as First Restaurant Partner
- CORSAIR to Sponsor Rainbow Six Pro League for Ubisoft’s Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six S…
- DKB Becomes Main Partner of Prime League and Initiates First League of Legends Sch…
- Dallas Fuel Signs Frontier Communications as Presenting Sponsor for 2020 Esports S…
- Bit Fry Game Studios Secures $3.5 Million Investment from Game Venture Funds, BITK…
- eNASCAR iRacing Competition Refreshed By Coca-Cola Beginning in 2020
- Coca Cola Is the Newest Sponsor for the Pittsburgh Knights
(Image) Source: Press release