PUBG MOBILE has unveiled the all-new tournament PUBG MOBILE Pro League (PMPL) as the pro-level addition to this year’s mobile esports program. Creating suitable stages and additional competing chances for professional players and teams, PMPL 2020 is kicking off in various countries and regions starting from Feb 14.
PUBG MOBILE Pro Leagues will feature selected countries and regions, including Indonesia, Malaysia/Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Chinese Taipei, as well as South Asia and the Americas. The league is divided into Spring and Fall seasons that culminate in the PUBG MOBILE World League (PMWL) in May and October, respectively. Top pro teams standing out from PMPLs will qualify for PMWL and even get their chance to compete for the highest honor in the World Championship in December, as well as a large chunk of the $5 million USD prize pool for the all-year esports program.
The PMPL schedules for different regions include:
- Southeast Asia (Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia/Singapore, Vietnam): Friday, Feb. 14 to Sunday, April 19
- Chinese Taipei: Thursday, March 12 to Sunday, April 19
- South Asia: Thursday, March 12 to Sunday, April 5
- North and South America: Early to late April
The PMPLs offer professional players and teams a tailored platform to compete, starting with the PUBG MOBILE Pro League 2020 in Southeast Asia (PMPL SEA 2020). From Feb 14 onwards, PMPL SEA 2020 will take place in Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam and Malaysia, representing the largest professional tournament on country level ever held by PUBG MOBILE in Southeast Asia. PUBG MOBILE fans and community members can follow the action here beginning today.
In 2020, PUBG MOBILE completes the structure of global esports ecosystem, supporting an amateur-semipro-pro as well as country-regional-world level for players to start their esports path to stardom. Adding more suitable stages and additional competing chances to players around the world, the tournaments include PMCOs open to all-level players, PMPLs and PMWLs for professional players, as well as the World Championship for the best teams coming out on top to compete for the highest honor and unprecedented total prize pool of $5 million USD.
Get the latest updates and news via PUBG MOBILE Esports YouTube channel and Facebook. Download PUBG MOBILE for free on the App Store and Google Play.
More esports business and marketing content:
- VISA And FACEIT Announce $450,000 Esports Program In Partnership With Gazprombank
- Enthusiast Gaming and G FUEL Forge Multi-Year Partnership
- FaZe Clan Reveals $40 Million Series A Details
- NBA 2K League Announces Panera Bread as First Restaurant Partner
- CORSAIR to Sponsor Rainbow Six Pro League for Ubisoft’s Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six S…
- DKB Becomes Main Partner of Prime League and Initiates First League of Legends Sch…
- Dallas Fuel Signs Frontier Communications as Presenting Sponsor for 2020 Esports S…
- Bit Fry Game Studios Secures $3.5 Million Investment from Game Venture Funds, BITK…
- eNASCAR iRacing Competition Refreshed By Coca-Cola Beginning in 2020
- Coca Cola Is the Newest Sponsor for the Pittsburgh Knights
About PUBG Mobile
PUBG MOBILE is based on PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS, the phenomenon that took the world of interactive entertainment by storm in 2017. Up to 100 players parachute onto a remote island to battle in a winner-takes-all showdown. Players must locate and scavenge their weapons, vehicles, and supplies, and defeat every player in a visually and tactically rich battleground that forces players into a shrinking play zone.
(Image) Source: Press release