WCG Inc. (World Cyber Games) officially announced the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding with Qujiang New District of Xi’an, China to hold the WCG 2019 finals from Thursday, July 18 to Sunday, July 21, 2019.
According to the MOU, WCG Inc. selected Xi’an as its venue for WCG 2019 finals and the city of Xi’an will provide full support for the successful operation of the event.
“I am very pleased to announce that Xi’an will partner with WCG to host one of the most successful global esports festivals next year. Xi’an will spare no effort for the success of WCG 2019 finals” an official of the Qujiang New District of the Xi’an Municipal People’s Government said.
“We are preparing a wide array of entertainment programs in addition to its game tournaments to regain and solidify the glory of WCG as the leading global esports festival.” Chairman of WCG Committee Kwon, Hyuk Bin said, “I extend my sincere gratitude to the Qujiang New District of Xi’an, the birthplace of the ancient Chinese civilization with an amazing historical heritage, for deciding to support WCG’s plan to showcase various aspects of the future digital culture to audiences from all over the world.”
WCG, which started its first event in 2000, has been recognized as the world’s largest esports competition for 14 years and its last event was held in Kunshan, China in 2013. In March 2017, Smilegate Holdings, Inc. acquired brand and operation rights of WCG with an aspiration to revitalize the global esports festival. WCG decided to add global regional qualifying rounds to expand the participation of the games to amateur gamers. Players will need to qualify domestic preliminary matches in each country for their tickets to China. Now that it has fixed the venue and date of the event, WCG Inc. will soon announce details including the official titles and related events.
More esports events content:
- ESL One Cologne Celebrates 5th year Anniversary at LANXESS arena
- ChallengeMe.GG’s United Masters League is CS:GO’s First Professional Crypto Pr…
- First Global Esports Season for PUBG to Start in January 2019
- DreamHack Comes to Atlanta November 16-18
- ONE Championship Launches Asia’s Largest Global Esports Championship Series in Par…
- Kaohsiung to host 2018 IeSF Esports World Championship this November
- TEKKEN World Tour 2018 Finals Headed to Amsterdam to Crown a New King of the Iron …
- ESL One powered by Intel Returns to Katowice, Poland in February 2019
- OG Esports Network Launches in U.S. with New Los Angeles Arena & Studio
- Premier League and Electronic Arts Announce ePremier League
(Image) Source: Press release