WCG Inc. (World Cyber Games) officially announced the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding with Qujiang New District of Xi’an, China to hold the WCG 2019 finals from Thursday, July 18 to Sunday, July 21, 2019.
According to the MOU, WCG Inc. selected Xi’an as its venue for WCG 2019 finals and the city of Xi’an will provide full support for the successful operation of the event.
“I am very pleased to announce that Xi’an will partner with WCG to host one of the most successful global esports festivals next year. Xi’an will spare no effort for the success of WCG 2019 finals” an official of the Qujiang New District of the Xi’an Municipal People’s Government said.
“We are preparing a wide array of entertainment programs in addition to its game tournaments to regain and solidify the glory of WCG as the leading global esports festival.” Chairman of WCG Committee Kwon, Hyuk Bin said, “I extend my sincere gratitude to the Qujiang New District of Xi’an, the birthplace of the ancient Chinese civilization with an amazing historical heritage, for deciding to support WCG’s plan to showcase various aspects of the future digital culture to audiences from all over the world.”
WCG, which started its first event in 2000, has been recognized as the world’s largest esports competition for 14 years and its last event was held in Kunshan, China in 2013. In March 2017, Smilegate Holdings, Inc. acquired brand and operation rights of WCG with an aspiration to revitalize the global esports festival. WCG decided to add global regional qualifying rounds to expand the participation of the games to amateur gamers. Players will need to qualify domestic preliminary matches in each country for their tickets to China. Now that it has fixed the venue and date of the event, WCG Inc. will soon announce details including the official titles and related events.
More esports events content:
- Super League Gaming Sets Landmark Partnership with Wanda Cinemas Games
- ESTV And NFL Alumni Association Unveil Super Bowl LIV Esports Experience
- Vindex And IMAX Launch Exclusive Esports Partnership
- MTG’s ESL and DreamHack Enter Three-Year Agreement With Blizzard Entertainme…
- MTG’s ESL and DreamHack Launches ESL Pro Tour in 2020; The World’s Lar…
- Electronic Gaming Federation to Launch National High School Esports Championship w…
- FACEIT Partners with Red Bull to Host M.E.O Season 2
- GameWorks to Host National Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Tournament; Esports Prize Po…
- ESPN Events to Debut First-Ever ESPN Collegiate Esports Championship
- ESL and WESA Partner with Occitanie Region to Bring the Ninth Season of the CS:GO …
(Image) Source: Press release