The digital lifestyle provider mobilcom-debitel and the League of Legends team Unicorns of Love have partnered to work with progamers, amateur players and fans to develop an esports tariff that is perfectly tailored to the needs of the esports community.
To this end, the community is closely involved: On 18 February from 8 p. m. on, fans can participate in a live session with the unicorns Fabian Schubert (Exileh) and Fabian Mallant (Sheepy) on the UoL-Facebook page and contribute actively to the design of the product with their comments.
- Unicorns of Love and Trust Gaming Extend Collaboration
- Lagardère Sports to Become Exclusive Marketing Partner of eSports Club H2K
- Lagardère Sports to Distribute Media Rights to New International eSports Event
- Lagardère Sports Expands its eSports Activities by Teaming Up with US-based eSport…
- Team Roccat Cooperating with Lagardère Sports
Get the latest business and marketing related esports insights straight into your inbox. Sign up here. For free!
The launch of the mobilcom-debitel eSports tariff is planned for spring 2018. The cooperation was mediated by the UoL marketing partner Lagardère Sports.
Rickmann von Platen, Managing Director of mobilcom-debitel, said: “The cooperation with the UoL team offers us the opportunity to exchange ideas with the target group and learn more about the needs of the community in the live session. We look forward to an inspiring exchange of ideas, interesting insights and are looking forward to seeing how we can implement the results for a tailor-made esports fare.”
Verpasst keine LCS-Action wegen zu niedrigem Datenvolumen! Schließt euch den Unicorns an und lasst sie wissen worauf ihr Wert legt!
Don't miss any LCS action due to low data! Join the Unicorns and tell them what's important to you! pic.twitter.com/2NO2FKwMxW
— Unicorns Of Love (@UnicornsOfLove) February 12, 2018
Fabian Mallant, coach of Unicorns of Love, added: “We are very pleased about the cooperation with mobilcom-debitel. When does someone have the opportunity to actively contribute to the development of an esports tariff? Exileh and I call on all Unicorns to participate diligently in the live session and to express their needs.”
More esports sponsorship content:
- Soccer Club AS Monaco Partners with Kinguin
- KFC Announces Esports Championship in Dota 2, Partners with ESforce
- Overwatch League Franchise London Spitfire Secures Logitech G Sponsorship
- Red Bull Accounces Fighting Game Tournament ‘Red Bull Conquest’, Spons…
- Events DC and NRG Esports Announce Esports Team House in Washington, DC
- Lionsgate Announces Landmark Partnership with Overwatch League Club to Promote Sta…
- Gillette Becomes Official Partner of the ESL Championship in Germany
- Misfits Gaming and Miami HEAT Partner with Alienware
- HyperX Brings Latest Gaming Gear to Intel Extreme Masters in Katowice 2018
- Jens Thiemer, VP Marketing at Mercedes-Benz Cars: “As a Sponsor of the ESL O…
Under the brand mobilcom-debitel as a digital lifestyle provider, the freenet Group offers a wide range of its own mobile communications and data offerings, services and other products under the brand name mobilcom-debitel, which serve to simplify everyday life by means of technical aids via the Internet and/or smartphones. This also includes energy and accessories as well as mobile communications and data products from German network operators. In its shops and branches of the GRAVIS brand, as well as its broad presence in specialist shops, electronics and supermarkets, and in customer service, the company offers independence and competence in advice and product selection.
About Unicorns of Love
Unicorns of Love (UoL) is a multinational esports organization that has played in the League of Legends Championsip Series (LCS) since 2015. UoL was founded in 2013 by Fabian Mallant. The club contracts professional gamers, takes care of online and offline distribution and develops marketing measures to inspire gamers worldwide for esports. UoL has developed into one of the most renowned and popular teams and is known for its unorthodox style of play. In 2016, the UoL won the first major competition.
Source: Press release