The digital lifestyle provider mobilcom-debitel and the League of Legends team Unicorns of Love have partnered to work with progamers, amateur players and fans to develop an esports tariff that is perfectly tailored to the needs of the esports community.
To this end, the community is closely involved: On 18 February from 8 p. m. on, fans can participate in a live session with the unicorns Fabian Schubert (Exileh) and Fabian Mallant (Sheepy) on the UoL-Facebook page and contribute actively to the design of the product with their comments.
- The League of Legends European Championship (LEC) and Lagardère Sports Enter Exclu…
- Lagardère Sports Appoints ‘The Story Mob’ as its Global Preferred Espo…
- Billy Boy Becomes Official Partner of Unicorns of Love
- Esports Champion Team Flash Appoint Lagardère Sports as Its Commercial Rights Part…
- Lagardère Sports Appointed as Exclusive Partnership Sales House of RFRSH Entertain…
Get the latest business and marketing related esports insights straight into your inbox. Sign up here. For free!
The launch of the mobilcom-debitel eSports tariff is planned for spring 2018. The cooperation was mediated by the UoL marketing partner Lagardère Sports.
Rickmann von Platen, Managing Director of mobilcom-debitel, said: “The cooperation with the UoL team offers us the opportunity to exchange ideas with the target group and learn more about the needs of the community in the live session. We look forward to an inspiring exchange of ideas, interesting insights and are looking forward to seeing how we can implement the results for a tailor-made esports fare.”
Verpasst keine LCS-Action wegen zu niedrigem Datenvolumen! Schließt euch den Unicorns an und lasst sie wissen worauf ihr Wert legt!
Don't miss any LCS action due to low data! Join the Unicorns and tell them what's important to you! pic.twitter.com/2NO2FKwMxW
— Unicorns Of Love (@UnicornsOfLove) February 12, 2018
Fabian Mallant, coach of Unicorns of Love, added: “We are very pleased about the cooperation with mobilcom-debitel. When does someone have the opportunity to actively contribute to the development of an esports tariff? Exileh and I call on all Unicorns to participate diligently in the live session and to express their needs.”
More esports sponsorship content:
- Washington Justice Announces Events DC As First 2019 Season Sponsor
- Honda Partners with Team Liquid
- EA and NFL Announce Bose, New Era and SNICKERS as New Sponsors for the Madden NFL …
- Betway and BIG Announce Two-Year Sponsorship Agreement
- German Insurance Company R+V Signs Three-Year Sponsorship Deal with FC Schalke 04 …
- PUMA Is the Newest Partner of American Esports Club Cloud9
- Golden Guardians Partner with Plantronics’ RIG 500 Pro Series
- CORSAIR Becomes Official Headset, Keyboard, Mouse and Mousepad Provider of Team En…
- Bank of Montreal Becomes Main Partner of Montreal Impact eSports
- National Association of Collegiate Esports Partners with iBUYPOWER
Under the brand mobilcom-debitel as a digital lifestyle provider, the freenet Group offers a wide range of its own mobile communications and data offerings, services and other products under the brand name mobilcom-debitel, which serve to simplify everyday life by means of technical aids via the Internet and/or smartphones. This also includes energy and accessories as well as mobile communications and data products from German network operators. In its shops and branches of the GRAVIS brand, as well as its broad presence in specialist shops, electronics and supermarkets, and in customer service, the company offers independence and competence in advice and product selection.
About Unicorns of Love
Unicorns of Love (UoL) is a multinational esports organization that has played in the League of Legends Championsip Series (LCS) since 2015. UoL was founded in 2013 by Fabian Mallant. The club contracts professional gamers, takes care of online and offline distribution and develops marketing measures to inspire gamers worldwide for esports. UoL has developed into one of the most renowned and popular teams and is known for its unorthodox style of play. In 2016, the UoL won the first major competition.
Source: Press release