Udemy, the global marketplace for learning and teaching online, today announced the launch of its new esports category, featuring courses created by top experts, players, and coaches from the world of professional video gaming. Students can now learn how to maximize their skills in games such as Fortnite, League of Legends, and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO), as well as build their live streams and personal brands online.
The esports industry has a global audience of more than 300 million fans and is projected to generate $905 million in revenue and reach over $1 billion over the next two years, according to Newzoo. Udemy is dedicated to creating a world where a learner can always find the right teacher, whatever they may be interested in learning. The new esports category features courses by Jordan “n0thing” Gilbert, who has been playing CS:GO professionally for over a decade, and Nicholas “NicoThePico” Korsgård, pro coach for League of Legends. LVLUP Dojo, an online gaming community and video learning platform, has also produced new courses for Udemy.
“It’s exciting to launch courses on the Udemy platform and open up learning opportunities on a global scale to millions of gaming professionals and enthusiasts,” said Reza Jafery, chief marketing officer at LVLUP Dojo. “Our goal is to provide esports players with the resources to learn everything from how to brand themselves and gain popularity on streaming platforms to strategy and tactical training for competitive esports games like League of Legends and Fortnite.”
“This Udemy expansion will be incredibly beneficial for all gamers aiming to go pro or just looking to level up their skills,” said top CS:GO player Jordan “n0thing” Gilbert. “As a coach, I see tremendous value behind pairing game-strategy curriculum with training activities in order to truly hone your technical skills. My goal for teaching on Udemy is to break technical components of gaming down into comprehensible takeaways for any gamer.”
Esports courses by these instructors and many others are currently available within the Udemy gaming category. For more information about becoming a Udemy instructor, visit https://www.udemy.com/teaching/.
More esports business and marketing content:
- FIMALAC Partners with Matthieu Dallon to Create the First French Venture Capital F…
- Fnatic Partners With Sansar to Pioneer a New Future for Fan Engagement
- ELEAGUE to Feature Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 with Live Interactive Streaming Event…
- Huya Announces Launch of a New Team in the Overwatch League
- Mastercard Signs with League of Legends as First Global Partner of the World’s Lar…
- 21st Century Fox Invests $100M in Social Broadcasting Platform Caffeine; Funds Cre…
- Mark Ein Buys Overwatch League Team Bringing The Premier Global Esports League To …
- Report by The Diffusion Group (TDG): Esports Quickly Evolving From ‘Novelty&…
- DreamTeam Closes Its $5M Seed Funding Round With Mangrove Capital Partners
- Next College Student Athlete Adds Esports To Collegiate Recruiting Network
Udemy was founded in 2010 with the aim of improving lives through learning. Udemy is a global marketplace for learning and teaching online where more than 24 million students learn from an extensive library of 80,000 courses taught by expert instructors in over 50 different languages. Whether learning for professional development or personal enrichment, students can master new skills through self-paced, on-demand courses, while instructors have a way to share their knowledge with the world. For companies, Udemy for Business offers subscription access to a collection of business-relevant courses as well as a simple platform to host and distribute their own content in one central place. Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Ireland, Turkey, and Brazil.
(Image) Source: Press release