Army Entertainment, a part of the U.S. Army’s Installation Management Command, is hosting a world-wide esports video game championship series for Street Fighter V, open to all active-duty Army service men and women. Four garrisons’ tournaments will be streamed live to a global audience exclusively on Twitch (www.twitch.tv/ArmyEntertainment).
The tournament consists of eight garrisons, each hosting a local tournament on post at their Army Morale Welfare and Recreation Warrior Zones. The brackets will be randomly seeded with double elimination.
The live streamed tournaments include Fort Bliss on July 28, Fort Gordon on Aug. 11, Joint Base Lewis-McChord on Aug. 18 and Fort Wainwright on Aug. 25. Professional Fighting game shoutcasters and Sgt. 1st Class Christopher Jones, an avid gamer and fellow Soldier, will commentate the tournament. Jones is a Military Police, currently stationed as the Hammond La. Station Commander for the United States Army Recruiting Command.
The four other bases hosting qualifier tournaments are Fort Riley, USAG Humphreys, USAG Bavaria and Fort Knox.
The winner from each garrison will move onto the Grand Finals at PAX West in Seattle, Washington, on Sept. 1. The finals are sold out and can be viewed on Army Entertainment’s Twitch channel.
The winner of the final tournament will receive Twitch gear, a two-night stay at the Mandalay Bay MGM resort, an exclusive Army Entertainment Esports jersey, a tournament coin and a $500 gift card.
The competition will develop Soldiers’ outlook and overall fitness using current technology. Soldiers train for the competition by improving hand-eye coordination, mental focus and reaction time. These skills help improve a Soldier’s overall readiness to help with normal job duties.
An online giveaway will be open until the finals at PAX. One winner will receive a transferable two-night stay at the Mandalay Bay MGM resort, the Street Fighter Five game, an exclusive Army Entertainment Esports jersey, a tournament coin and a $250 gift card.
For the list of rules and to enter the giveaway, eligible patrons can enter at https://wainwright.armymwr.com/promos/army-entertainment-esports-championship-series-street-fighter-v-online-giveaway.
The competition is sponsored by USAA and MGM Resorts.
More esports business and marketing content:
- NBA 2K League Announces Panera Bread as First Restaurant Partner
- CORSAIR to Sponsor Rainbow Six Pro League for Ubisoft’s Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six S…
- DKB Becomes Main Partner of Prime League and Initiates First League of Legends Sch…
- Dallas Fuel Signs Frontier Communications as Presenting Sponsor for 2020 Esports S…
- Bit Fry Game Studios Secures $3.5 Million Investment from Game Venture Funds, BITK…
- eNASCAR iRacing Competition Refreshed By Coca-Cola Beginning in 2020
- Coca Cola Is the Newest Sponsor for the Pittsburgh Knights
- MMD Announces Sponsorship of G2 Esports in 2020
- Call of Duty League Unveils Mountain Dew, PlayStation, ASTRO Gaming, SCUF Gaming a…
- BURGER KING Ignites Brand New Belgian League of Legends League
(Image) Source: Press release