Army Entertainment, a part of the U.S. Army’s Installation Management Command, is hosting a world-wide esports video game championship series for Street Fighter V, open to all active-duty Army service men and women. Four garrisons’ tournaments will be streamed live to a global audience exclusively on Twitch (www.twitch.tv/ArmyEntertainment).
The tournament consists of eight garrisons, each hosting a local tournament on post at their Army Morale Welfare and Recreation Warrior Zones. The brackets will be randomly seeded with double elimination.
The live streamed tournaments include Fort Bliss on July 28, Fort Gordon on Aug. 11, Joint Base Lewis-McChord on Aug. 18 and Fort Wainwright on Aug. 25. Professional Fighting game shoutcasters and Sgt. 1st Class Christopher Jones, an avid gamer and fellow Soldier, will commentate the tournament. Jones is a Military Police, currently stationed as the Hammond La. Station Commander for the United States Army Recruiting Command.
The four other bases hosting qualifier tournaments are Fort Riley, USAG Humphreys, USAG Bavaria and Fort Knox.
The winner from each garrison will move onto the Grand Finals at PAX West in Seattle, Washington, on Sept. 1. The finals are sold out and can be viewed on Army Entertainment’s Twitch channel.
The winner of the final tournament will receive Twitch gear, a two-night stay at the Mandalay Bay MGM resort, an exclusive Army Entertainment Esports jersey, a tournament coin and a $500 gift card.
The competition will develop Soldiers’ outlook and overall fitness using current technology. Soldiers train for the competition by improving hand-eye coordination, mental focus and reaction time. These skills help improve a Soldier’s overall readiness to help with normal job duties.
An online giveaway will be open until the finals at PAX. One winner will receive a transferable two-night stay at the Mandalay Bay MGM resort, the Street Fighter Five game, an exclusive Army Entertainment Esports jersey, a tournament coin and a $250 gift card.
For the list of rules and to enter the giveaway, eligible patrons can enter at https://wainwright.armymwr.com/promos/army-entertainment-esports-championship-series-street-fighter-v-online-giveaway.
The competition is sponsored by USAA and MGM Resorts.
More esports business and marketing content:
- Enthusiast Gaming & Luminosity Gaming Partner With foodora Canada, a Leading …
- ESL’s Major Tournaments Record 90% Growth in Viewership by Increasing Esport…
- Wix and FaZe Clan Launch Global Partnership
- Betway and PSG.LGD Seal Six-Figure Sponsorship
- XPG Becomes an Official Sponsor of Jeremy Lin’s J.Storm Esports Organization
- PENTA.1860 Partners with Stadtsparkasse München
- Bumble & Gen.G Announce ‘Team Bumble’ All-Women’s Fortnite …
- Millennial Esports Gaming Studio Launches World’s Fastest Gamer Mobile Espor…
- Honda Increases Stake in Esports with Riot Games League of Legends Championship Se…
- Pixion Games Raises $2M in Seed Funding to Develop Mobile Esports Games for Everyo…
(Image) Source: Press release