Army Entertainment, a part of the U.S. Army’s Installation Management Command, is hosting a world-wide esports video game championship series for Street Fighter V, open to all active-duty Army service men and women. Four garrisons’ tournaments will be streamed live to a global audience exclusively on Twitch (www.twitch.tv/ArmyEntertainment).
The tournament consists of eight garrisons, each hosting a local tournament on post at their Army Morale Welfare and Recreation Warrior Zones. The brackets will be randomly seeded with double elimination.
The live streamed tournaments include Fort Bliss on July 28, Fort Gordon on Aug. 11, Joint Base Lewis-McChord on Aug. 18 and Fort Wainwright on Aug. 25. Professional Fighting game shoutcasters and Sgt. 1st Class Christopher Jones, an avid gamer and fellow Soldier, will commentate the tournament. Jones is a Military Police, currently stationed as the Hammond La. Station Commander for the United States Army Recruiting Command.
The four other bases hosting qualifier tournaments are Fort Riley, USAG Humphreys, USAG Bavaria and Fort Knox.
The winner from each garrison will move onto the Grand Finals at PAX West in Seattle, Washington, on Sept. 1. The finals are sold out and can be viewed on Army Entertainment’s Twitch channel.
The winner of the final tournament will receive Twitch gear, a two-night stay at the Mandalay Bay MGM resort, an exclusive Army Entertainment Esports jersey, a tournament coin and a $500 gift card.
The competition will develop Soldiers’ outlook and overall fitness using current technology. Soldiers train for the competition by improving hand-eye coordination, mental focus and reaction time. These skills help improve a Soldier’s overall readiness to help with normal job duties.
An online giveaway will be open until the finals at PAX. One winner will receive a transferable two-night stay at the Mandalay Bay MGM resort, the Street Fighter Five game, an exclusive Army Entertainment Esports jersey, a tournament coin and a $250 gift card.
For the list of rules and to enter the giveaway, eligible patrons can enter at https://wainwright.armymwr.com/promos/army-entertainment-esports-championship-series-street-fighter-v-online-giveaway.
The competition is sponsored by USAA and MGM Resorts.
More esports business and marketing content:
- ESL and Intel Add Chicago Event to IEM Circuit, Doubling Viewership From IEM Oakla…
- Razer Partners with Williams Esports
- We Are Nations Announces Merchandise Deals with OpTic Gaming, Method and Blast Pro…
- Matcherino Announces $2.7 Million Series A-1 Financing to Accelerate Esports Tourn…
- MTG Backs Premiere Gaming and Interactive Entertainment Start-Ups
- World of Warcraft Guild Limit Partners with Global Specialty Health, Wellness and …
- Overwatch League and Fanatics Team up for Groundbreaking Retail, Licensing, and Ec…
- Audi Becomes Cooperation Partner of Esports Team
- Fathead And Team Liquid Join Forces To Launch New Exclusive Line Of Merchandise
- LG Teams Up With Esports Phenom ‘FaZe Clan’ To Debut New LG UltraGear …
(Image) Source: Press release