Army Entertainment, a part of the U.S. Army’s Installation Management Command, is hosting a world-wide esports video game championship series for Street Fighter V, open to all active-duty Army service men and women. Four garrisons’ tournaments will be streamed live to a global audience exclusively on Twitch (www.twitch.tv/ArmyEntertainment).
The tournament consists of eight garrisons, each hosting a local tournament on post at their Army Morale Welfare and Recreation Warrior Zones. The brackets will be randomly seeded with double elimination.
The live streamed tournaments include Fort Bliss on July 28, Fort Gordon on Aug. 11, Joint Base Lewis-McChord on Aug. 18 and Fort Wainwright on Aug. 25. Professional Fighting game shoutcasters and Sgt. 1st Class Christopher Jones, an avid gamer and fellow Soldier, will commentate the tournament. Jones is a Military Police, currently stationed as the Hammond La. Station Commander for the United States Army Recruiting Command.
The four other bases hosting qualifier tournaments are Fort Riley, USAG Humphreys, USAG Bavaria and Fort Knox.
The winner from each garrison will move onto the Grand Finals at PAX West in Seattle, Washington, on Sept. 1. The finals are sold out and can be viewed on Army Entertainment’s Twitch channel.
The winner of the final tournament will receive Twitch gear, a two-night stay at the Mandalay Bay MGM resort, an exclusive Army Entertainment Esports jersey, a tournament coin and a $500 gift card.
The competition will develop Soldiers’ outlook and overall fitness using current technology. Soldiers train for the competition by improving hand-eye coordination, mental focus and reaction time. These skills help improve a Soldier’s overall readiness to help with normal job duties.
An online giveaway will be open until the finals at PAX. One winner will receive a transferable two-night stay at the Mandalay Bay MGM resort, the Street Fighter Five game, an exclusive Army Entertainment Esports jersey, a tournament coin and a $250 gift card.
For the list of rules and to enter the giveaway, eligible patrons can enter at https://wainwright.armymwr.com/promos/army-entertainment-esports-championship-series-street-fighter-v-online-giveaway.
The competition is sponsored by USAA and MGM Resorts.
More esports business and marketing content:
- Beko to Sponsor League of Legends European Championship
- GFR Fund Opens New $20M Investment Fund for Tech Startups Disrupting Digital Media…
- Vivo Announces to Empower Gamers’ Conquest at PUBG MOBILE Club Open 2019 by …
- Comcast Spectacor and The Cordish Companies Announce $50 Million, Next-Generation …
- Audeze Partners With Esports Organization Echo Fox
- Singtel Powers Up Support for Gaming and Esports with SEA Games Sponsorship and Co…
- Enthusiast Gaming Acquires Significant Interest in Waveform Entertainment, a Leadi…
- Nissan Partners with Esports Teams FaZe Clan and OpTic Gaming
- Mars Media and Disneyland Paris to Co-Host the Very First Dota 2 Major in France
- G-Loot Secures $25M in One of Europe’s Largest Ever Esports Investments
(Image) Source: Press release