BITKRAFT Esports Ventures announced that it has succesfully led Tonk Tonk Games $2 million seed funding round with participation from Modern Times Group. Tonk Tonk Games is a mobile gaming company with a singular focus on providing players with continuous moments of delight through fun game play, personalized experiences, and high spectatability.
The company will use the investment to accelerate its global growth by scaling its talented team and establishing headquarters in Austin, Texas while working to launch uFighter, a competitive real-time multiplayer fighting game where the main player is a digitized avatar of the gamer. uFighter players can engage with people they know personally through highly expressive, customized 3D animations of themselves generated from uploaded selfies.
“We are deeply impressed with Tonk Tonk’s culture and their emotionally resonant, proprietary personalized facial animation technology, which make them a clear stand-out in the massive mobile games market,” commented BITKRAFT Founder and Managing Partner, Jens Hilgers. “uFighter is offering adrenalizing synchronous multiplayer matches and will ignite new excitement for the Fighting Game genre which we feel still craves for an iconic and innovative IP on mobile.”
Tonk Tonk Games is led by a distinguished team of game and animated-film veterans with decades of collective experience from Blue Sky, Wizards of the Coast, EA, Disney, and Pixar.
More esports investments content:
- ICON Acquires Leading Esports Firm Tainted Minds
- We Are Nations Announces Recent Round of Fundraising with Dan Cardell and Esports …
- RIISE Ventures Levels Up With Strategic Investment in Georgia’s Largest Espo…
- Sapphire Ventures Raises $115M+ to Launch ‘Sapphire Sport Funds PlatformR…
- StreamElements Raises $11.3M Series A to Expand Live Video Creation Platform for G…
- We Are Nations Acquires Esports Apparel Brand Sector Six Apparel
- Matcherino Announces $2.7 Million Series A-1 Financing to Accelerate Esports Tourn…
- MTG Backs Premiere Gaming and Interactive Entertainment Start-Ups
- Fortnite Publisher Epic Games Receives $1.25 Billion Investment
- The Esports Observer Acquired by Advance Publications
(Image) Source: Press release