Telia increases its commitment in esports and enters a partnership with the Swedish national esports team and the Swedish esports organization SESF.
The new partnership will involve a collaboration with esports tournament and league organizer ESEN Esports and is part of Telia’s initiative to support Swedish esports in the World Cup qualifications in Sweden in August and the Swedish national esports team in the 10th World Championships in Kaohsiung, Taiwan, in November.
Digital development laid the foundation for the rapid growth of esports and Telia has been a contributor in Swedish esports since the start, connecting world class esports and gaming experiences. Today, Sweden is one of the leading nations in esports and to further support the national team to success, Telia is contributing as an official partner.
“ESEN is diligent in its work to establish esports as a recognized sport and to build structures so that more players are given the opportunity to compete in a sport they are passionate about,” says Joakim Stenberg, CEO of ESEN Esports. “Our vision is the Olympic Games, a World Cup, a European Championship and a national championship for esports. Through this cooperation with Telia, which laid the foundation for Sweden’s digital infrastructure, we are taking a big step in the right direction.”
Magnus Jonsson at the Swedish esports association SESF is equally happy with the partnership:
“We at SESF are very happy and proud to have Telia as an official partner to the World Cup qualifications and our national team. Telia has delivered services and products used by gamers throughout the country for many years and is one of the cornerstones of Swedish esports. Having Telia support the qualifications and national team is pure magic,” he says.
Anders Tillander, Head of Telia’s Consumer business, comments:
“As a leading player in digitalization it is natural for us to be part of the development in esports. After this summer’s Swedish success in the World Cup in football, it also feels a bit special to sponsor the Swedish national team in esports.”
“Esports popularity is increasing, which makes players’ growing needs relevant to us in the development of new services and products. This partnership is therefore a good first step,” he says.
The new sponsorship will apply from August and throughout 2018.
More esports sponsoring content:
- SK Gaming Announces Partnership with Esports Lifestyle Brand ORITY
- Enthusiast Gaming & Luminosity Gaming Partner With foodora Canada, a Leading …
- Wix and FaZe Clan Launch Global Partnership
- Betway and PSG.LGD Seal Six-Figure Sponsorship
- XPG Becomes an Official Sponsor of Jeremy Lin’s J.Storm Esports Organization
- PENTA.1860 Partners with Stadtsparkasse München
- Bumble & Gen.G Announce ‘Team Bumble’ All-Women’s Fortnite …
- Honda Increases Stake in Esports with Riot Games League of Legends Championship Se…
- BIG and OMEN by HP Extend Their Strategic Partnership and Expand Academy Cooperati…
- 3N2 Named Official Supplier of Game Gear to Full Sail Armada Esports Teams
(Image) Source: Press release