Paris Saint-Germain has announced Douyu, a Chinese streaming platform specialized in the streaming of video games, as a new partner of its eSports team PSG.LGD on Dota2. This one-year partnership will see Douyu’s logo appear on the clavicle area of the shirt worn by the five Parisian gamers.
Douyu has gone through a huge period of growth in recent years following investment from solid financial partners such as those from Chinese giant, Tencent. Today, the platform excels as a form of entertainment media that attracts more and more young Chinese people who show an every-increasing appetite for online content.
Fabien Allègre, Director of Merchandising and Diversification at Paris Saint-Germain, declared : « We are very happy to welcome Douyu into the PSG eSports Dota2 team. We hope to be able to utilize our knowledge and respective experiences in the video game world to win new titles, with the upcoming tournament ‘The International 8’ in Vancouver in our sights, for which we have been particularly well prepared since the beginning of our Dota2 adventure. »
Douyu declared: « It is with great pride that we join the PSG.LGD family of which we have followed the many great performances since the team’s launch four months ago. The team has great potential and has, up until now, been present at the very top by winning the Epicenter XL and the MDL Changsha, two important tournaments last May. We will do our best to lead the team towards new heights and make it shine most notably on Chinese territory, where we enjoy a large network. »
This partnership was agreed whilst Paris Saint-Germain was in Asia for its summer tour, during which Paris Saint-Germain eSports was able to experience the popularity of its different teams amongst young people in Asia.
More esports sponsoring content:
- VISA And FACEIT Announce $450,000 Esports Program In Partnership With Gazprombank
- Enthusiast Gaming and G FUEL Forge Multi-Year Partnership
- NBA 2K League Announces Panera Bread as First Restaurant Partner
- CORSAIR to Sponsor Rainbow Six Pro League for Ubisoft’s Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six S…
- DKB Becomes Main Partner of Prime League and Initiates First League of Legends Sch…
- Dallas Fuel Signs Frontier Communications as Presenting Sponsor for 2020 Esports S…
- eNASCAR iRacing Competition Refreshed By Coca-Cola Beginning in 2020
- Coca Cola Is the Newest Sponsor for the Pittsburgh Knights
- MMD Announces Sponsorship of G2 Esports in 2020
- Call of Duty League Unveils Mountain Dew, PlayStation, ASTRO Gaming, SCUF Gaming a…
(Image) Source: Press release