The tournament organizer StarLadder is honored to present the fifteenth Major tournament in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. We are pleased to inform all fans of the game that for the first time in history we bring Major to Berlin, Germany. The final part of the tournament will be held from 5th to 8th September 2019 at the legendary Mercedes-Benz Arena.
StarLadder’s long-term partner ImbaTV will be the event co-organizer and broadcast partner for the Chinese audience. We feel privileged to be granted a chance to utilize all our previous experience and knowledge in order to provide the spectators inside the Arena as well as online viewers of our broadcasts with an outstanding esports show and amazing viewer experience while enjoying the StarLadder Major.
Alexander Chegrinez, Head of Business Development at StarLadder: “Our company was founded out of an immense passion for Counter-Strike. Our very first tournaments many years ago started with CS. This game was and remains as a critical part of who we are, we grew up with it, and couldn’t be more excited. It is a great honor for us to host the 15th anniversary Major in such a stunning venue, and for such an incredible community! We will do our best to impress the fans and deliver a truly memorable Major!”
All stages of the tournament, including Minors and Minor Play-in, will also be organized in Berlin. This will allow the teams who successfully qualified for the main event to avoid problems with entry visas and focus on preparation.
The schedule of the main stages of the StarLadder Major are as follows:
- July 17-21 – Europe & Americas Minors
- July 24-28 – CIS & Asia Minors
- July 29 – Minor Play-in
- August 20-25 – Challengers Stage
- August 27-September 1 – Legends Stage
- September 5-8 – Champions Stage
The main event will take place at the Mercedes-Benz Arena, a multifunctional arena capable of accommodating up to 14,000 fans. Tickets for the StarLadder Major will go on sale in April 2019.
The prize pool of the CS:GO Major will remain unchanged and amount to $1,000,000 as well as the prize pools of the four Minors will remain at the same level of $50,000 for each region. All details regarding the qualifiers will be announced at a later stage. Follow the StarLadder Major news on starladder.com and on our social networks Facebook and Twitter.
More esports events content:
- ESPN Events to Debut First-Ever ESPN Collegiate Esports Championship
- ESL and WESA Partner with Occitanie Region to Bring the Ninth Season of the CS:GO …
- Allied Esports Introduces Original Event Series “Day One” to Celebrate the Launch …
- Snoop Dogg and MERRY JANE Launch New Esports Tournament Series ‘Gangsta Gami…
- DreamHack Expands to Mobile Esports Launching DreamHack Mobile Series
- ELEAGUE and Psyonix to Host Four-Day Rocket League Fan Event at the NCAA Final Fou…
- Pittsburgh Knights Partner with Replay FX
- FACEIT Partners with PUBG Corporation to Host the First Global Event in the PUBG E…
- NBA 2K League Increases Prize Pool to $1.2 Million for 2019 Season
- Clash of Clans World Championship Kicks Off with $US 1 Million Prize Pool
(Image) Source: Press release