The SPOBIS event series with Europe’s biggest sports business conference is launching a further highlight in 2017: the SPOBIS Gaming & Media. This B2B conference is aimed at decision-makers from the booming eSports industry as well as the classic sports and media industries.
The event taking place in cooperation with the gamescom hosts, Koelnmesse and the German Games Industry Association (BIU), will premiere on 21 August 2017, one day before the official opening of the gamescom – the leading trade fair in Europe for the gaming industry with more than 30,000 trade visitors from 98 countries.
The topics of the conference are aimed at the interface between eSports/gaming and sports business while picking up the current range of topics of both worlds and bringing together decision-makers of the various industries.
Among others, the following subjects are to be expected:
1. No “true love”: Why Borussia Dortmund is not investing in eSports
- Carsten Cramer | Director Sales and Marketing, Borussia Dortmund
2. FC Schalke 04’s longterm plans to make money with eSports
- Alexander Jobst | Board Member for Marketing, FC Schalke 04
3. A critical sales discussion: Questions on eSports from sponsors and media spenders
- Andreas Nassauer | Head of Group Media, Deutsche Telekom
- Ralf Reichert | CEO, ESL
4. Reaching new target groups: The eSports plans of German media enterprises
- Michael Heise | Vice President Games and Product Innovation, RTL Interactive
- Stefan Zant | Managing Director, ProSiebenSat.1 Sports
- Robin Seckler | Managing Director Digital Products, Sport1
5. Learning by playing: VfL Wolfsburg vs. FC Schalke 04 show match
- Tim „Tim Latka“ Schwartmann | Professional eSports Athlete, FC Schalke 04
- Timo „TimoX“ Siep |Professional eSports Athlete, VfL Wolfsburg
In parallel to the stage programme, a hackathon will be held during the SPOBIS Gaming & Media in cooperation with Google and YouTube. See here for the full event programme.