PUBG Corporation today announced the PUBG Global Invitational 2018 (PGI 2018), a PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) esports tournament where 20 top professional PUBG teams from around the world will face off for a total of US$2 million prize pool and the ultimate PUBG bragging rights. PGI 2018, taking place in Berlin, Germany from July 25 through July 29, is the first major PUBG esports tournament officially hosted by PUBG Corp.
“The PUBG Global Invitational 2018 is a landmark moment for PUBG Corp. as a showcase of the potential of PUBG esports,” said Changhan Kim, CEO, PUBG Corp. “The team at PUBG Corp. is working tirelessly to ensure that the PGI 2018 exemplifies the pinnacle of PUBG competition and brings to life all of the excitement, tension and exhilaration of the highest level of PUBG play, not only to the fans attending the PGI 2018, but also those watching at home.”
PGI 2018, the ultimate global PUBG competition, features 20 top global PUBG teams, selected via regional qualifying tournaments hosted in North America, Europe and Asia through the beginning of July. Gameplay at PGI 2018 will consist of four-player squad battles, with third-person perspective (TPP) matches held on July 25 and 26, followed by first-person perspective (FPP) matches on July 28 and 29. A winning team will be crowned for each perspective mode, TPP and FPP.
More details on PGI 2018, including information on ticket sales, regional qualifiers and venue are forthcoming.
More esports events content:
- Topgolf and Super League Gaming Partner to Bring Amateur Esports Experiences to To…
- NHL’s Minnesota Wild to Host Club’s First-Ever Esports Tournament with…
- Kids in the Game (KING) Announces Launch of First-Ever NYC Middle School Esports L…
- Gfinity to Host Call of Duty World League: London
- GIANTS Software Announces Farming Simulator League with $250,000 Prize Money
- ESL and Epic Games Team Up to Bring Fortnite to the Intel® Extreme Masters Katowic…
- ELEAGUE Forms Partnership with Electronic Arts to Host Multiple FIFA 19 Competitio…
- ESL One Powered by Intel to Debut in Mumbai with $300,000 Dota2 Tournament
- Telekom Announces Esports Tournament
- joinDOTA Announces its Next Season
About PUBG Corporation (PUBG Corp.)
PUBG Corp., an affiliate company of Bluehole Inc., began as Bluehole Ginno Games, Inc. in 2009 and later renamed to PUBG Corp. in 2017. PUBG Corp. is the publisher and developer of the 2017 blockbuster battle royale video game, PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG), on multiple platforms. Since its release, PUBG has received worldwide acclaim, achieving seven Guinness World Records and winning multiple game awards worldwide. Headquartered in Korea, PUBG Corp. has six operational offices globally across North America, Europe, Japan, China. With the goal of developing PUBG as a global franchise, the company is currently undertaking a number of projects including esports, product licensing, and more. For more information about PUBG Corp., please visit www.playbattlegrounds.com.
(Image) Source: Press release