Paris Saint-Germain eSports has signed a one-year partnership with Monster Energy, one of the global leaders in the energy drink market.
The PSG.LGD players will now display the Monster Energy logo on their kits throughout the DOTA2 competitions. Signed during the Paris Saint-Germain Summer Tour in Asia, this partnership occurs on the eve of the first participation of the club to The International, the world championships of Valve’s MOBA which will take place from 15th to 25th of August in Vancouver.
Monster Energy and Paris Saint-Germain eSports share the same aspiration which is to establish lastingly on the eSports world stage and conquer the Asian market. It is the first ever sponsorship agreement concluded since the association between Paris Saint-Germain eSports and the Chinese organization LGD Gaming, back in February.
For Yassine Jaada, Paris Saint-Germain eSports manager: “Monster is part of those referent brands on the eSports world stage. This brand is the one Paris Saint-Germain eSports needed to sustain its legitimacy and validate the project we started with LGD few month ago. We are proud of that trust and are now looking forward to growing alongside Monster Energy.”
For Monster Energy: “Paris Saint-Germain is one of the top football clubs in Europe and in the world. Paris Saint-Germain not only refers to a strong concept as a brand, but is also an integral part of the Parisian culture. We have many experiences of sponsorship and promotion in the field of eSports, we like to collaborate with “cool” brands that have a global impact. Paris Saint-Germain is undoubtedly part of this type of brands and we are eager to work together. Their association with the Chinese team LGD Gaming, one of the best teams in the world on Dota2, leads us to think that this partnership between PSG.LGD and Monster Energy can sparkle around the world.”
An enthusiasm shared by Fabien Allègre, Paris Saint-Germain merchandising and diversification director: « For the past four months, our Dota2 team has been keeping improving and achieving great performances. We are pleased today to welcome Monster Energy in the PSG eSports family and share this pioneering adventure that Paris Saint-Germain started almost two years ago. Together, we will work to promote our respective brands amongst young people in China and around the world. »
The sponsorship contract between the PSG eSports and Monster Energy has been signed for a one-year term.
More esports sponsoring content:
- Fnatic Partners With Sansar to Pioneer a New Future for Fan Engagement
- ELEAGUE to Feature Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 with Live Interactive Streaming Event…
- Udemy Launches Esports Courses Created by Top Experts, Players and Coaches in the …
- Mastercard Signs with League of Legends as First Global Partner of the World’s Lar…
- Next College Student Athlete Adds Esports To Collegiate Recruiting Network
- Fathead Teams Up With Golden Guardians To Launch New Line of Esports Merchandise
- Magic Gaming and Boxed Water Team Up for a Socially-Conscious Partnership
- Esports Scotland Announce Partnership with Currys PC World
- Formula 1 Appoints New Balance As Presenting Partner Of F1 Esports
- Dorna Sports Partners with Lenovo for MotoGP eSport Championship
(Image) Source: Press release