After the first step on the occasion of the ESL One in Hamburg in October 2017, snack manufacturer Pringles is entering the esports market in the long term and will be involved as a partner of ESL at several national and international events in 2018.
The central focus of the partnership in Germany is the ESL Championship (ESL Meisterschaft), the oldest national esports league in the world.
Pringles will also be present at gamescom in Cologne and at international esports highlights such as the ESL One and IEM Katowice in Poland, as well as at other events.
Dominik Schafhaupt, Senior Brand Manager Snacks Northern Europe said: “Our successful premiere in Hamburg in 2017 has confirmed: Pringles and esports, that fits! The feedback from the community was sensational both locally and digitally. An expansion of the partnership was the logical step and we are happy to be of this year’s biggest eSports stadium event in Katowice. Of course, we’ll surprise the local community with new activations!”
“The community response to the Pringles brand was fantastic last year: fans and players alike were thrilled. That’s why we are pleased to be able to further expand the partnership – on a national and even global level,” said Bernhard Mogk, SVP Global Sales & Business Development at ESL.
Carl Kuhn, Director eSports at Jung von Matt/SPORTS added: “The new brand claim of Pringles ‘Pop. Play. Eat.’ couldn’t have been more beautiful for esports. With the brand strength of Pringles and ESL’s top assets, we want to build on the communication of the previous year. Together with Pringles and ESL, we look forward to continuing along this path and shaping the development of esports.”
As part of the partnership, Pringles will be presented digitally and on stream. In addition to product placements there will also be a dedicated activation area for fans at live events. While in Hamburg an own esports edition was reserved for the players on site, this year the fans can look forward to their own esports-can on the live events. Pringles continues to be supported by the Jung von Matt/SPORTS agency, which already supervised the activation of Pringles in Hamburg.
More esports sponsorship content:
- Bud Light to become Official Beer Sponsor of the Overwatch League
- Beko to Sponsor League of Legends European Championship
- Vivo Announces to Empower Gamers’ Conquest at PUBG MOBILE Club Open 2019 by …
- Comcast Spectacor and The Cordish Companies Announce $50 Million, Next-Generation …
- Audeze Partners With Esports Organization Echo Fox
- Singtel Powers Up Support for Gaming and Esports with SEA Games Sponsorship and Co…
- Nissan Partners with Esports Teams FaZe Clan and OpTic Gaming
- Mars Media and Disneyland Paris to Co-Host the Very First Dota 2 Major in France
- Gillette and Twitch Announce the Gillette Gaming Alliance
- AOK Becomes Health Partner of Werder eSPORTS
Source: Press release