As of today, the football eSports competition eFootball.Pro is adding a new contender to its list: Boavista FC. The Portuguese team is joining the already confirmed teams FC Barcelona, Schalke 04, AS Monaco and Celtic FC. Boavista will have —like the other entrant teams— professional video game players who will represent the club in the eFootball.Pro league.
Boavista FC president, João Loureiro, said: “The presence in this competition reinforces the focus on youth, innovation and technology that we want to promote, not only in eSports but throughout the Club”. He added: “Like our opponents, we seek to innovate with this competition that brings real and virtual football closer together in another international presence of the Club that we are sure will please our fans”.
“By signing Boavista we reinforce the international vocation of our competition,” said Gerard Piqué, founder and president of eFootball.Pro, who went on to say: “Surely their performance in the league will not leave anyone indifferent”.
Masami Saso, president of Konami Digital Entertainment B.V., added: “It is an honour and a true pleasure for KONAMI to work with organisations such as eFootball.Pro and Boavista FC. We look forward to working together to drive esports forward and we anticipate many exciting sporting moments to come”.
Both the announced teams and the new members that will be unveiled soon will compete to be crowned as the best international club at playing KONAMI’s Pro Evolution Soccer video game. In October this game is incorporating the eFootball.Pro Arena stadium where the virtual matches of the league that is starting soon will take place.
More esports business and marketing content:
- Bud Light to become Official Beer Sponsor of the Overwatch League
- Beko to Sponsor League of Legends European Championship
- GFR Fund Opens New $20M Investment Fund for Tech Startups Disrupting Digital Media…
- Vivo Announces to Empower Gamers’ Conquest at PUBG MOBILE Club Open 2019 by …
- Comcast Spectacor and The Cordish Companies Announce $50 Million, Next-Generation …
- Audeze Partners With Esports Organization Echo Fox
- Singtel Powers Up Support for Gaming and Esports with SEA Games Sponsorship and Co…
- Enthusiast Gaming Acquires Significant Interest in Waveform Entertainment, a Leadi…
- Nissan Partners with Esports Teams FaZe Clan and OpTic Gaming
- Mars Media and Disneyland Paris to Co-Host the Very First Dota 2 Major in France
(Image) Source: Press release