In announcing another esports industry first, global esports organization Immortals has named Nitto Tire as an official sponsor and the exclusive tire supplier for the parent company (Immortals, LLC) and its brands, Immortals, the Los Angeles Valiant and MIBR. Nitto Tire, a leading manufacturer of off-road and street performance tires, is the first tire company to enter the fast-growing esports market through team sponsorship.
“Nitto Tire is a company driven by passion and innovation, as is Immortals, and that alignment allows us to activate with real authenticity,” said Ari Segal, President & COO of Immortals LLC. “This partnership will focus on bringing to life that passion: the passion of our players, in and out of the game, and the passion of our fans to connect to our players and the games they love.”
The partnership will officially kick off at the LA Valiant’s Community Block Party on October 20 with a first of its kind live activation, “Junkertown IRL Presented by Nitto Tire.” Inspired by the Junkertown map in Overwatch™, the interactive installation, featuring Nitto Tire product integration and LA Valiant and Nitto Tire branding, will create an atmosphere similar to the dystopian Australian outback landscape depicted in the game. Fans will be encouraged to explore their enthusiasm for Overwatch™ and the Valiant by stepping into the game IRL, or “in real life,” with opportunities for photos and other experiences.
Additionally, Nitto Tire, MIBR, and the LA Valiant will launch a digital content series, “Fueled by Enthusiasts,” that explores the passions of MIBR and LA Valiant players outside the games they play professionally. Through the “Fueled by Enthusiasts” content series, fans of MIBR and the LA Valiant, as well as automotive enthusiasts, can engage with players and Nitto Tire using the hashtag, “#FueledbyEnthusiasts.” Further, several MIBR and LA Valiant players who are themselves fans of cars and auto racing will work with Nitto Tire to outfit their vehicles with state-of-the-art tires and related products and share images of this transformation with their fans.
“Nitto is recognized as a leader of innovative marketing within the tire industry,” said Stephen Leu, Director of Marketing of Nitto Tire U.S.A. Inc. “We have a rich history of marketing through video games which includes a proprietary PC racing game, and numerous in-game brand placements on both social and mobile gaming platforms. A partnership with a leading franchise such as Immortals was the natural fit in our foray into the esports arena.”
More esports sponsoring content:
- SK Gaming Announces Partnership with Esports Lifestyle Brand ORITY
- Enthusiast Gaming & Luminosity Gaming Partner With foodora Canada, a Leading …
- Wix and FaZe Clan Launch Global Partnership
- Betway and PSG.LGD Seal Six-Figure Sponsorship
- XPG Becomes an Official Sponsor of Jeremy Lin’s J.Storm Esports Organization
- PENTA.1860 Partners with Stadtsparkasse München
- Bumble & Gen.G Announce ‘Team Bumble’ All-Women’s Fortnite …
- Honda Increases Stake in Esports with Riot Games League of Legends Championship Se…
- BIG and OMEN by HP Extend Their Strategic Partnership and Expand Academy Cooperati…
- 3N2 Named Official Supplier of Game Gear to Full Sail Armada Esports Teams
(Image) Source: Press release