FunEase, a joint venture between FunPlus Sports, an esports division of the global digital entertainment and gaming company FunPlus and a leading Chinese online game developer NetEase, today announced the creation of world’s first global battle royale pro league – “Rules of Survivor Global Series”. .
The league officially will be launched with the inception of North American “Fox Plain” and South East Asian “Regional Clash” divisions, with the prize pool of USD 60,000 and USD 110,000 respectively
Under a new tournament design, RoS Global Series will start from series of online and offline competitions with 1,000+ of local grassroot teams, growing into the top level premier professional divisions at each key region. The league will then culminate in global scale tournament featuring the best teams from each region at the end of league year 2018-2019.
Announced in May 2018, “Rules Survivor Global Series” league was built on a solid foundation of one of the most popular battle royale games Rules of Survivor (RoS), favored by 150 million players worldwide, and powered by FunPlus Sports’ unique capability to create an immersive gaming and tournament experience internationally.
“We are thrilled about the opportunity to partner with NetEase on Rules of Survivor Global Series. By coming together, we have the right ingredients to create an amazing and first of its kind gaming and tournament experience on a global scale,” said Andy Zhong, Founder and CEO of FunPlus. “As a huge fan of mobile gaming and esports, I look forward to being on this journey with NetEase and continuing to push the industry forward.”
“RoS is already one of the world’s most popular battle royal games. By partnering with FunPlus Sports, we think we can take it to the whole new level. Having world’s top esports teams as founding members and the tournament structure leading to the global finals, I believe we have the opportunity to do something that was never done before,” said Ethan Wang, Vice President at NetEase.
Apart from thousands of regional teams that will be participating at each stage of the tournament, the league is already getting a lot of support and recognition from some of the best esports teams in the world, including teams such as Cloud 9, TSM, Team Secret, Fnatic, which are all expected to field strong competitive teams.
The sign-up process for both North American “Fox Plain” and South East Asian “Regional Clash” divisions has already begun, and the first round of regional qualifiers will start the first week of August. For more detailed information about sign up qualifications, tournament schedule and competition format, please click visit: http://www.ros-esports.com
To learn more about the game and the Rules of Survivor Global Series League, please visit: http://www.rulesofsurvivalgame.com/rosesports/
More esports events content:
- Intel, Lenovo and Riot Games MENA Partner Up and Commit to Shaping the Growing Gam…
- Ubisoft Announces New North American League for Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Esp…
- World’s Largest Mobile Esports Tournament Provides New Stages for Profession…
- Super League Gaming Sets Landmark Partnership with Wanda Cinemas Games
- ESTV And NFL Alumni Association Unveil Super Bowl LIV Esports Experience
- Vindex And IMAX Launch Exclusive Esports Partnership
- MTG’s ESL and DreamHack Enter Three-Year Agreement With Blizzard Entertainme…
- MTG’s ESL and DreamHack Launches ESL Pro Tour in 2020; The World’s Lar…
- Electronic Gaming Federation to Launch National High School Esports Championship w…
- FACEIT Partners with Red Bull to Host M.E.O Season 2
(Image) Source: Press release