Gfinity, a leading international esports entertainment group, announces that it has, once again, been named by Microsoft Studios’ Turn 10 Studios as the Global Tournament Operator for the Forza Racing Championship (ForzaRC) 2018.
Under the arrangement, Gfinity will manage all league operations, including online qualifiers and LAN-based (Local Area Network) events, together with adjudication framework which supports all competitive gameplay. Welcoming players of all skill levels, the ForzaRC invites Forza Motorsport 7 players to compete for more than $250,000 in prizes. Registration is open now at ForzaRC.com.
With the regular season beginning on April 2nd, Gfinity will be responsible for managing the live playoffs in Seattle and Mexico City with drivers competing for a $75,000 prize pool at each event. The season culminates with the Forza Racing World Championship 2018 at the Gfinity Esports Arena in October with the top 24 players in the world competing for their shot at the $100,000 prize pool.
- Gfinity Announces Lynx Partnership for Gfinity Elite Series UK Season Three
- Turtle Beach Becomes the Official Audio Partner of Gfinity’s Elite Series
- Gfinity Esports Australia secures Alienware as Presenting Partner for 2018 Elite S…
- BT Sport to Broadcast New Elite Series eSports Tournament ‘Gfinity Elite Ser…
- BBC Three to Broadcast Gfinity’s Elite Series
This latest venture follows on from Gfinity’s successful partnership with Turn 10 Studios in April 2017 where they were appointed Global Tournament Organiser for that year’s esports programmes.
Neville Upton, Chief Executive of Gfinity, said: “Our partnership with Microsoft goes from strength to strength and this is further proof of the quality of our team and services we provide that we have been appointed as the global operator for the Forza Racing Championship 2018. Forza Motorsport 7 has such a passionate following and we can’t wait to host the best drivers at our Gfinity Esports Arena in October. The award-winning Forza Motorsport 7 is the most beautiful, authentic and comprehensive racing game Turn 10 Studios has made, featuring over 700 cars and showcasing 60 frames per section racing on the Xbox family of devices and native 4K on Xbox One X.”
More esports event content:
- ESL One powered by Intel® Returns to New York with Counter-Strike: Global Offensiv…
- PUBG Corporation to Host PUBG Global Invitational 2018 in Berlin
- VY Esports Teams Up With Electronic Arts And Coca-Cola For Russian Interactive Foo…
- Overwatch League Grand Finals to Be Held at Barclays Center in Brooklyn
- Clash Royale League Welcomes Eight High Profile Orgs for Europe
- ELEAGUE Street Fighter® V Invitational 2018 to Showcase Clash of 24 Elite Players
- ESL One Belo Horizonte 2018 Powered by Intel to Debut in Brazil with $US200,000 Pr…
- City of Arlington Partners with Esports Venues to Open Esports Stadium Arlington
- American Esports Club Los Angeles Valiant Launch Flagship Community Event Series
- KFC Announces Esports Championship in Dota 2, Partners with ESforce
Founded in 2012, Gfinity has established itself as one of the world’s leading esports companies. The Londonbased business enjoys strong relationships with game publishers, players and the wider esports community and has built a solid reputation for delivering high quality competitions, both on-line at www.gfinityesports.com and off-line, in addition to producing industry leading esports broadcasts.
The Gfinity Esports Arena at Fulham Broadway, London is the home of UK esports showcasing regular tournaments across the full range of competitive games. Beyond its own tournaments Gfinity provides a full turnkey solution for brands wanting to create their own esports tournaments and has staged premium esports events around the globe for leading publishers and brands including Formula 1, Microsoft, Activision, EA, Xbox, Gillette and HP.
Gfinity is an accredited official EA SPORTS™ FIFA 18 Global Series qualifier as EA brings competitive FIFA to millions of fans around the world through the EA SPORTS FIFA 18 Global Series on The Road to the FIFA eWorld Cup 2018 in August 2018. For more details on the entire EA SPORTS FIFA 18 Global Series, please visit www.FUTChampions.com. For more information about the Challenger season, which is free and open to everyone, please visit https://challenger.gfinityesports.com/
About the Forza Video Game Franchise
The Forza videogame franchise, which includes the Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon series of games, is the most-acclaimed and best-selling racing franchise of the current videogame console generation. Over 5.3 million players are online each month, making Forza one of the largest racing communities in the world. As of December 2016, the Forza franchise exceeded $1 billion in retail sales with more than 14 million unique players involved in the Forza community on Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs. Forza games are powered by the ForzaTech® engine, delivering breath-taking graphics and unmatched simulation, and feature Drivatar® AI, delivering dynamic human-like opponents even when you’re offline and feature unmatched online community and competition with Xbox Live, the world’s the fastest, most reliable gaming network.
Forza games feature the world’s greatest cars, including “First in Forza” debuts such as the McLaren P1, Ferrari La Ferrari, Ford GT and Lamborghini Centenario. The Forza franchise is developed by Turn 10 Studios, creators of Forza Motorsport and four-time winners of the DICE Award for “Racing Game of the Year,” together with UK-based Playground Games, developers of the Forza Horizon series.
Source: Press release