Global content leader Lionsgate today announced a partnership with the Los Angeles Valiant of Blizzard Entertainment’s Overwatch League to promote season three of the Starz Original Series Ash vs Evil Dead.
The partnership, which will see Ash vs Evil Dead become the Valiant’s sole and exclusive jersey sponsor through at least Stage 2 of the inaugural season of Overwatch League, is a unique example of a true content brand sponsorship in professional sports.
Ari Segal, LA Valiant’s President and COO said, “Ash vs Evil Dead is a content property that is highly contextual to gaming and to our core demo and fan base. By creating truly unique, money-can’t-buy experiences for our fans around that property, we elevate the fan experience to something that aims at more than merely being a fan of a team; instead, we’re building a real community of people that activates around not only the Valiant, but also other properties or events from which it derives value and enjoyment.”
- ESPN, Disney XD and Blizzard Entertainment Announce Multiyear Exclusive Telecast A…
- Hasbro Joins Blizzard Entertainment’s Overwatch in the Fight for the Future as Mas…
- Overwatch League Grand Finals to Be Held at Barclays Center in Brooklyn
- American Esports Club Los Angeles Valiant Launch Flagship Community Event Series
- Overwatch League Franchise London Spitfire Secures Logitech G Sponsorship
Get the latest business and marketing related esports insights straight into your inbox. Sign up here. For free!
Peter Levin, the LA Valiant’s Chairman and Lionsgate’s President of Interactive Ventures, Games, and Digital Strategy, continued, “The Valiant’s audience, the audience for Overwatch League and esports generally, is one of the most elusive and yet highly sought after demographics. At both Lionsgate and the LA Valiant, we continue to think three dimensionally about how to reach and authentically connect with that constituency.”
As part of the sponsorship, Valiant fans will be given unprecedented access to Ash vs Evil Dead experiences, including exclusive screenings at Lionsgate’s studios in Santa Monica, Q&A/AMAs with creative voices behind the franchise, meet-and-greets, and more.
LA Valiant CEO Noah Whinston added, “This jersey sponsorship is a message to our fans that we will continue to work with partners and brands that look to add value to the fan experience. Lionsgate is completely aligned with us on this philosophy, as evidenced by this landmark partnership, and we will continue to create and integrate brands, events, and content to push the frontier of how teams create differentiated and lasting connections.
The new Ash vs Evil Dead-sponsored jerseys will debut in competition during the first week of Overwatch League’s Stage 2, when the LA Valiant play the Shanghai Dragons at 5:00 PM PST on Saturday, February 24, 2018. Broadcast details can be found on The Overwatch League website, www.overwatchleague.com, and on Twitch at Twitch.tv/overwatchleague.
The third season of Ash vs Evil Dead will premiere Sunday, February 25, 2018, on Starz.
More esports sponsorship content:
- The Kraken Rum Becomes First-Ever Official Distilled Spirits Partner of ELEAGUE th…
- Esports Champion Team Flash Appoint Lagardère Sports as Its Commercial Rights Part…
- OMEN by HP Is the Newest Official Partner of German Esports Club BIG
- Turtle Beach Celebrates Partnership with EA Sports as FIFA 18 Global Series Playof…
- NODWIN Gaming Appoints London-Based Hugh Holland to Sell Sponsorship Across Events
- Gen.G and NETGEAR Expand Scope of Sponsorhip to Include All Gen.G Team
- AMD and Fnatic Ink Landmark Deal to Extend and Expand Esports Partnership
- Turtle Beach and Esports Phenoms Houtson Outlaws Band Together
- DHL and ESL Cooperate to Embrace the Future of Digital Sports
- Warsteiner Is the First Brewery to Become a National Partner of ESL
About the Los Angeles Valiant
Los Angeles Valiant, one of the 12 inaugural teams for Overwatch League, is owned and operated by Immortals and CEO Noah Whinston from its home in Culver City, California. Immortals was founded in 2016 with an unprecedented dedication to fan support and player well-being. Committed to creating a long-lasting community of professional gamers, aspiring players, and passionate fans, Immortals and the L.A. Valiant are united by our commitment to camaraderie and competitive excellence. Always remaining true to our values and ethics, the team takes pride in providing an authentic brand that fans can be proud to cheer on to victory.
The first major new studio in decades, Lionsgate is a global content platform whose films, television series, digital products and linear and over-the-top platforms reach next-generation audiences around the world. In addition to its filmed entertainment leadership, Lionsgate content drives a growing presence in interactive and location-based entertainment, gaming, virtual reality and other new entertainment technologies. Lionsgate’s content initiatives are backed by a 16,000-title film and television library and delivered through a global licensing infrastructure. The Lionsgate brand is synonymous with original, daring and ground-breaking content created with special emphasis on the evolving patterns and diverse composition of the Company’s worldwide consumer base.
(Image) Source: Press release