eSports media company eSports Mogul Asia Pacific Limited (eSports Mogul) is pleased to announce it has entered in to Sponsorship and Tournament Platform provision agreements with Twitch Interactive Inc. (Twitch), the world’s largest social video platform for gamers, for two major eSports tournament partners in the South East Asian region.
These are significant Agreements for eSports Mogul. They provide global exposure for the Company on Twitch’s online platform which attracts 9.7 million active users daily, and will also see eSports Mogul’s tournament platform used at the events. Twitch was founded in June 2011 and was acquired by Amazon.com, Inc. in August 2014 for US$970 million in cash.
Under the Agreements, eSports Mogul will receive the following at the major Dreamcaster Series and FPSThailand League eSports events which are both powered by Twitch;
- eSports Mogul branding on the Twitch stream and the Twitch panel at the events, plus on all marketing material created for the events;
- eSports Mogul commentator mentions at the events – at a minimum of two times per hour;
- Four social media slots per season of the events and one product give-away slot per month;
- Advertising – eSports Mogul will provide thirty second advertisements to be played at least twice per hour;
- Digital screen advertisings – eSports Mogul will provide advertisements to be displayed on the main screens between live broadcasts;
- Both events will use the eSports Mogul Platform which will be provided by eSports Mogul along with requisite technical support
The Agreements cover three seasons of the Dreamcaster Series which will feature game-play of the Overwatch video game, from 1 January 2017 to 31 December 2017, and nine seasons of the FPSThailand League featuring the Counter-Strike Global Offensive game, for a three year period from 1 December 2016 to 1 December 2019.
eSports Mogul commenced trading on the ASX last month after a heavily oversubscribed $7 million prospectus Offer. The Company is focused on developing a multi-faceted eSports focused online media platform, called ESM Media Hub. ESM Media Hub will provide an easily accessible online platform for eSports enthusiasts, which will offer and a range of eSports products and services including:
- ESM Academy – an eSports learning academy
- Hero Gamer – ESM Digital Products business offering providing an online shop offering various gaming titles for purchase;
- Tournament Platform – an online eSports tournament platform;
- ESM Productions – exclusive eSports content
eSports Mogul managing director Gernot Abl said: “We are delighted to enter into these agreements with Twitch. Twitch is universally acknowledged as the world’s leading social video platform and community for gamers and video game culture, and the exposure and visibility they are able to provide for eSports Mogul to our target audience will be invaluable as we seek to build a globally significant eSports-focused business.”
Source: Press release