ESL, the world’s largest esports company, and NODWIN Gaming are pleased to announce the debut of ESL One powered by Intel in Mumbai, India on April 19 – 21, 2019. With a capacity of up to 8,000 seats, the NSCI Dome is well designed to host large scale entertainment and sports events, serving as a fitting new home for ESL One Mumbai 2019. Twelve of the best Dota 2 teams will battle over a lion’s share of the $US 300,000 prize pool and the coveted championship trophy at India’s first Dota 2 mega event.
ESL One Mumbai 2019 will host seven directly invited teams and four teams that need to fight their way up through the online qualifiers, which are set to take place in the regions Europe, North America, Greater China and Southeast Asia. Additionally, a local qualifier will be held in India to find the last participating team among India’s best. Eight out of the twelve teams taking part in the group stages on April 16 – 18 will get the chance to play on the big stage in front of thousands of enthusiastic Dota 2 fans.
“We can’t wait to bring ESL One to a completely new location – especially since this will mark the first big Dota 2 tournament in India”, said Ulrich Schulze, Senior Vice President of Product at ESL. “We see great potential in the Indian esports market and are looking forward to further foster the growth of the local scene together with our partner NODWIN Gaming.”
“ESL One commands global reverence in the world of esports and for India to play host to this event is indeed a landmark for the country’s esports history,” said Akshat Rathee, Managing Director of NODWIN Gaming. “NODWIN Gaming has firsthand experience of the passion of the Indian Dota 2 community over multiple years and this is our gift to them – to come and meet the best Dota 2 gamers of the world at ESL One Mumbai 2019.”
“As the technology leader for esports and gaming and ESL’s Global Technical Partner, Intel is looking forward to delivering a world-class gaming experience to Dota 2 fans in India and around the world, at the inaugural ESL One Mumbai 2019,” said Prakash Mallya, Managing Director – Sales & Marketing Group at Intel India.
Besides the tournament, ESL One Mumbai 2019 will feature an array of exciting activities including ESL One’s famous Dota 2 cosplay competition and opportunities to interact with teams and pro players. Tickets for ESL One Mumbai 2019 will go on sale on Thursday, January 17 at 3pm (IST), and will range from 499 INR for Single Day tickets up to 2,499 INR for Premium tickets. Further details on each available ticket type can be found here.
More esports events content:
- Topgolf and Super League Gaming Partner to Bring Amateur Esports Experiences to To…
- NHL’s Minnesota Wild to Host Club’s First-Ever Esports Tournament with…
- Kids in the Game (KING) Announces Launch of First-Ever NYC Middle School Esports L…
- Gfinity to Host Call of Duty World League: London
- GIANTS Software Announces Farming Simulator League with $250,000 Prize Money
- ESL and Epic Games Team Up to Bring Fortnite to the Intel® Extreme Masters Katowic…
- ELEAGUE Forms Partnership with Electronic Arts to Host Multiple FIFA 19 Competitio…
- Telekom Announces Esports Tournament
- joinDOTA Announces its Next Season
- ESL One Cologne Celebrates 5th year Anniversary at LANXESS arena
(Image) Source: Press release