ESL, the world’s largest esports company, will bring the East Coast’s most prestigious esports competition, ESL One New York powered by Intel®, back to Brooklyn’s Barclays Center on September 29-30, 2018.
The event will feature gripping Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO) gameplay with the world’s eight best CS:GO teams, all battling for their share of a US $250,000 prize pool and another point towards the Intel® Grand Slam, where a $1,000,000 USD bonus prize is up for grabs.
ESL One New York 2018 will host five invited teams and three teams that earned spots through qualifiers. The eight teams will participate in a double elimination group stage, followed by the remaining four teams fighting through single elimination best-of-three matches on the main stage. The top two teams will then compete in a best-of-five grand final for their chance to take home the ESL One championship trophy. In addition to the tournaments, ESL One New York will feature a wide array of activities as part of the main event, including pro player autograph sessions.
“We look forward to bringing ESL One New York and premier competition back to Barclays Center for another showcase of exciting esports,” said Yvette Martinez-Rea, CEO, ESL North America. “One weekend, one crowd, and one spectacular final. At ESL One New York, everything comes together. The passion behind the fans will fuel the amazing esports experience ESL looks to create, and we aim to make this event unforgettable.”
“This is the third year in a row that we are bringing the world’s best CS:GO teams to the Big Apple for ESL One New York 2018”, said Ulrich Schulze, Senior Vice President of Product at ESL. “Thousands of fans have attended the biggest esports tournament on the East Coast in the past, and we can not wait for another memorable event at the legendary Barclays Center.”
ESL One New York will be part of the Intel® Grand Slam series, which will award a $1,000,000 USD bonus prize to the first CS:GO team which wins four out of the last ten DreamHack or ESL events. Fnatic, Ninjas in Pyjamas, FazeClan, G2 and SK Gaming are all in contention to claim the coveted title, with SK Gaming currently leading the series with two points.
More esports events content:
- ESL and Oculus Team Up to Present the VR League
- FIFA and Electronic Arts Unveil London as FIFA eWorld Cup Grand Final 2018 Locatio…
- ESL and Game Insight Launch Guns of Boom’s $200,000 Inaugural Esports Season
- PUBG Corporation to Host PUBG Global Invitational 2018 in Berlin
- VY Esports Teams Up With Electronic Arts And Coca-Cola For Russian Interactive Foo…
- Overwatch League Grand Finals to Be Held at Barclays Center in Brooklyn
- Clash Royale League Welcomes Eight High Profile Orgs for Europe
- ELEAGUE Street Fighter® V Invitational 2018 to Showcase Clash of 24 Elite Players
- ESL One Belo Horizonte 2018 Powered by Intel to Debut in Brazil with $US200,000 Pr…
- City of Arlington Partners with Esports Venues to Open Esports Stadium Arlington
(Image) Source: Press release