ESL, the world’s largest esports company, will bring the East Coast’s most prestigious esports competition, ESL One New York powered by Intel®, back to Brooklyn’s Barclays Center on September 29-30, 2018.
The event will feature gripping Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO) gameplay with the world’s eight best CS:GO teams, all battling for their share of a US $250,000 prize pool and another point towards the Intel® Grand Slam, where a $1,000,000 USD bonus prize is up for grabs.
ESL One New York 2018 will host five invited teams and three teams that earned spots through qualifiers. The eight teams will participate in a double elimination group stage, followed by the remaining four teams fighting through single elimination best-of-three matches on the main stage. The top two teams will then compete in a best-of-five grand final for their chance to take home the ESL One championship trophy. In addition to the tournaments, ESL One New York will feature a wide array of activities as part of the main event, including pro player autograph sessions.
“We look forward to bringing ESL One New York and premier competition back to Barclays Center for another showcase of exciting esports,” said Yvette Martinez-Rea, CEO, ESL North America. “One weekend, one crowd, and one spectacular final. At ESL One New York, everything comes together. The passion behind the fans will fuel the amazing esports experience ESL looks to create, and we aim to make this event unforgettable.”
“This is the third year in a row that we are bringing the world’s best CS:GO teams to the Big Apple for ESL One New York 2018”, said Ulrich Schulze, Senior Vice President of Product at ESL. “Thousands of fans have attended the biggest esports tournament on the East Coast in the past, and we can not wait for another memorable event at the legendary Barclays Center.”
ESL One New York will be part of the Intel® Grand Slam series, which will award a $1,000,000 USD bonus prize to the first CS:GO team which wins four out of the last ten DreamHack or ESL events. Fnatic, Ninjas in Pyjamas, FazeClan, G2 and SK Gaming are all in contention to claim the coveted title, with SK Gaming currently leading the series with two points.
More esports events content:
- Super League Gaming Sets Landmark Partnership with Wanda Cinemas Games
- ESTV And NFL Alumni Association Unveil Super Bowl LIV Esports Experience
- Vindex And IMAX Launch Exclusive Esports Partnership
- MTG’s ESL and DreamHack Enter Three-Year Agreement With Blizzard Entertainme…
- MTG’s ESL and DreamHack Launches ESL Pro Tour in 2020; The World’s Lar…
- Electronic Gaming Federation to Launch National High School Esports Championship w…
- FACEIT Partners with Red Bull to Host M.E.O Season 2
- GameWorks to Host National Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Tournament; Esports Prize Po…
- ESPN Events to Debut First-Ever ESPN Collegiate Esports Championship
- ESL and WESA Partner with Occitanie Region to Bring the Ninth Season of the CS:GO …
(Image) Source: Press release