ESL announced today that ESL One Cologne powered by Intel will once again fill the Cathedral of Counter-Strike with fans from all over the world. Returning to LANXESS arena, Germany’s largest indoor arena, on July 5-7, 2019, the record-holding event will feature competition between the sixteen world’s finest Counter-Strike teams for their share of a US$300,000 prize pool. For the past three years, ESL One Cologne event has consecutively sold out and welcomed up to 15,000 visitors at its peak.
Before taking the iconic LANXESS arena stage, teams need to survive the group stages that will take place July 2-4. Two groups of eight teams will face off in a double-elimination format — the second and third place teams within each group will move on to the quarter-finals, while the first place teams directly qualify for the semi-final match. Regional qualifiers for ESL One Cologne will take place in March and April 2019 across Europe, North America and Asia.
“ESL One Cologne remains our homeground,” said Ulrich Schulze, SVP Product at ESL. “Fans from all over the world know this event and and we’re proud to have delivered some of the most epic CS:GO moments since the first installment back in 2014 at gamescom. The visitors on-site established the LANXESS arena as the one and only Cathedral of Counter-Strike and the venue will always be a memorable part of the global CS:GO community. We’re working hard at making this anniversary completely mind-blowing for viewers both on- and offline and we can’t wait to see how everything comes together next summer.”
ESL One Cologne 2018 was broadcasted in 23 different languages to 75 destinations simultaneously. With all eyes on the Intel Grand Slam and its main title chasers Astralis and FaZe Clan, it would be two unexpected teams that would write the headlines for the Cathedral of Counter-Strike. Both Natus Vincere and the hometown heroes from BIG eliminating them in the semi finals respectively before Na’Vi eventually crowned their performance with with a 3-1 Grand Finals victory over BIG.
Ticket presales for ESL One Cologne in the LANXESS arena begin on November 29th at 2pm CET with public sales hitting the market on December 1st at 2pm CET. Tickets will be available for general entry, premium experience, and lounge access, starting at 24€ for a single day ticket. Around the event there will once again be a lot of side activities, many of which will be at the ESL One Camp, which offers accommodation and a friendly community for those attending ESL One Cologne.
For more information about the event visit the official website and check out the ESL One Cologne 2019 announcement trailer. Be sure to follow ESL One CS:GO on Twitter and Facebook for all the latest updates.
More esports events content:
- ChallengeMe.GG’s United Masters League is CS:GO’s First Professional Crypto Pr…
- First Global Esports Season for PUBG to Start in January 2019
- DreamHack Comes to Atlanta November 16-18
- ONE Championship Launches Asia’s Largest Global Esports Championship Series in Par…
- Kaohsiung to host 2018 IeSF Esports World Championship this November
- TEKKEN World Tour 2018 Finals Headed to Amsterdam to Crown a New King of the Iron …
- ESL One powered by Intel Returns to Katowice, Poland in February 2019
- OG Esports Network Launches in U.S. with New Los Angeles Arena & Studio
- Premier League and Electronic Arts Announce ePremier League
- Smilegate Entertainment Announces Details for the CROSSFIRE STARS 2018 Grand Final…
(Image) Source: Press release, eslgaming.net, Photographer: Adela Sznajder