ESL, the world’s largest esports company, and Mountain Dew today announced the renewal of the third year of the Mountain Dew League (MDL), the initiative aiming to give up-and-coming teams a shot at glory to participate in Pro League, the world’s top Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO) competition. Building on the success of the past two years, this year’s seasons will have new ways for fans to get involved, including “Next Big Caster” and an All-Star Match.
“From fueling gamers to providing exclusive content, training and experiences, DEW has been part of the gaming world for over a decade,” said Stephanie Danzi, Senior Brand Manager, Mountain Dew. “With our partners at ESL we are excited to launch a third season of Mountain Dew League, featuring even more opportunities for amateur gamers to go pro.”
- Game on for Mountain Dew with Sponsorship of Three Powerhouse Global eSports Teams
- MTN DEW® and ESL Turn Amateur Gamers into Pros with the Mountain Dew League
As MDL provides rising players with a direct spot into Pro League, the debut of the “Next Big Caster” program will work to do the same for shoutcasters. Through an application and audition process, individuals will have the opportunity to cast North American MDL matches throughout the coming 2018 seasons, while fans vote on their favorite talent at the conclusion of each season. Those chosen will to fly to the Local-Area Network to cast live with professional shoutcasters and potentially qualify for the professional caster rotation for ESEA TV the following season.
This year MDL will also have its first All-Star Match to highlight standout players from each season. Fans will get to choose their favorite MDL players for the chance to compete for prize money and bragging rights. The match will be streamed exclusively on the Mountain Dew Twitch Channel.
“Mountain Dew has been an incredibly collaborative partner and we are very excited to extend our partnership” said Paul Brewer, Vice President of Global Sponsorships, ESL. “MDL has uniquely been a gateway to professionalism for esports athletes and proves to be a great example of how non-endemic brands can reach the esports audience in a meaningful, impactful and organic way.”
The third year of MDL will be split into three seasons. During the first and third seasons the top team from North America and Europe will gain an automatic slot in the following season’s CS:GO Pro League.
Competition for Mountain Dew League Season Five kicks off, today, Jan. 23, at: Twitch.tv/ESEA. Visit MDL.esea.net throughout the year for highlights, pro tip videos and analyst videos.
More esports sponsorship content:
- HyperX Announces Sponsorship of ELEAGUE Major: Boston 2018
- Esports Sponsorships: 40 Brands Which Have Partnered with the Best League of Legen…
- Dr Pepper Announces Sponorship of American Esports Club Team SoloMid
- Overwatch League™ Welcomes New Partner Toyota
- Riot Games Announces Hungry Jack’s OPL Esports Sponsorship
- Esports Sponsorships: 32 Brands Which Have Partnered with the Best League of Legen…
- GG.Bet Becomes New Main Sponsor of Esports Club North
- FlyQuest Announces 5-hour Energy as Foundational Sponsor
- Gfinity Esports Australia secures Alienware as Presenting Partner for 2018 Elite S…
- Snickers Joins FlyQuest as Foundational Partner
Source: Press release