ESL, the world’s largest esports company, has announced an extended partnership agreement with paysafecard, a market leader in online prepaid payment methods and part of global payments provider Paysafe Group. As a global sponsor, paysafecard will continue to support all ESL flagship tournaments and leagues including ESL One, Intel Extreme Masters and ESL Pro League circuits, as well as several National Championships.
To deliver additional value and viewing experience to both national and international fans, the partnership will focus on three major global community events: ‘paysafecard Hall of Fame’, ‘Beat the Legends’ and ‘Ultimate Experience’.
paysafecard is a major supporter of the entire esports community – its first activation dates back five years, and its engagement has grown consistently every year since then. Its involvement in 2017 included two of the major ESL competitions: ESL One Cologne and two Pro League Seasons. Last year’s activation included all global ESL tournaments and leagues. In addition, paysafecard’s support for the league now covers the entire ESL ecosystem and includes grassroot tournaments in games such as PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS and Arena of Valor, with four Go4 cups per month (Link).
“ESL and paysafecard have more in common than a long and successful collaboration. We share the same passion and focus on the esports community, and together we want to further develop the industry and generate the sustainable growth of the ESL ecosystem on every level,” said Bernhard Mogk, SVP Global Sales & Business Development at ESL. “We look forward to raising the bar for esports again in 2019 and beyond together with paysafecard.”
Udo Müller, CEO of paysafecard, explains: “We are proud to support ESL as one of the company’s main sponsors for the second year in a row and therefore continue to contribute to the professionalisation and increased awareness of esports. paysafecard’s connection to esports has been a part of our DNA since our company was founded 18 years ago to offer the gaming community a safe and simple way to pay. We are therefore very excited to be supporting the esports community so closely and look forward to a successful cooperation with ESL in 2019.”
paysafecard exclusives for the esports community
- The ‘paysafecard esports Hall of Fame’ will honour well-known, accomplished personalities for their achievements during their esports careers, as well as individuals who have made significant contributions to the growth of the industry. This award recognises individual performers and outstanding activities in esports, with the goal of promoting the professionalism and universal values in the industry. Three “paysafecard Hall of Fame” awards will be given out each year, through a combination of a Jury Vote and a Community Vote.
- ‘paysafecard Beat the Legends” will give a number of fans the opportunity to pit their skills against professional pro gamers or influencers. The chance to take on a pro will come four times a year, during the Grand Final of the National Championships in Germany, Poland, Brazil, Spain or the UK.
- paysafecard will also reward the most passionate esports fans by offering them a chance to compete for the “paysafecard Ultimate Experience” package that will take them to one of ESL’s mega events. The package will include an all-expenses-paid trip, two Premium tickets, visitor’s access to Players Areas and Backstage Areas, access to the VIP Lounge, Meet and Greets with pro players and influencers on site, and a behind-the-scenes tour – all of which will be documented in video and photography by ESL.
For more information about the partnership and details about the cooperation, please visit www.paysafecard.com/esports.
More esports sponsoring content:
- SK Gaming Announces Partnership with Esports Lifestyle Brand ORITY
- Enthusiast Gaming & Luminosity Gaming Partner With foodora Canada, a Leading …
- Wix and FaZe Clan Launch Global Partnership
- Betway and PSG.LGD Seal Six-Figure Sponsorship
- XPG Becomes an Official Sponsor of Jeremy Lin’s J.Storm Esports Organization
- PENTA.1860 Partners with Stadtsparkasse München
- Bumble & Gen.G Announce ‘Team Bumble’ All-Women’s Fortnite …
- Honda Increases Stake in Esports with Riot Games League of Legends Championship Se…
- BIG and OMEN by HP Extend Their Strategic Partnership and Expand Academy Cooperati…
- 3N2 Named Official Supplier of Game Gear to Full Sail Armada Esports Teams
(Image) Source: Press release