Turner and IMG’s ELEAGUE set new Twitch records and generated unprecedented levels of engagement with its cross-platform content throughout its second Major Championship – The ELEAGUE Major: Boston.
Sunday’s Grand Final of The ELEAGUE Major: Boston – Cloud9’s historic win over FaZe Clan – generated a peak of 1,130,000 Twitch viewers, an all-time record for peak concurrent streams on a single channel. This year’s record-setting performance surpassed the previous Twitch record set during the ELEAGUE Major Grand Final last year.
- ELEAGUE Signs Sponsorship Deal with Mobile Carrier Boost Mobile
- ELEAGUE to Host Next Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Major Championship in Boston
- CS:GO Premier 2017 to Feature Biometrics, Virtual Reality and Advanced Analytics
- ELEAGUE Partners with GEICO to Launch GEICO ELEAGUE Amateur Series
- ELEAGUE adds Feature-length Dota2 Series to its TV Programm
Get the latest business and marketing related esports insights straight into your inbox. Sign up here. For free!
Additional highlights from the three-week event – which ended with Cloud9 becoming the first American team to capture a Major Championship – include:
Largest-Ever Peak Audience for CS:GO Major Grand Final
Sunday’s Grand Final delivered a peak of more than 1.4 million concurrent streams across all digital platforms globally. The ELEAGUE Major: Boston was available in 19 languages across 17 networks worldwide.
ELEAGUE #1 Twitch Channel Throughout Major
ELEAGUE TV was the most-watched Twitch channel during both the New Legends and New Champions stages of the Major, representing seven days of live coverage and outperforming all other programming on Twitch over that period.
83% Growth in U.S. Video Plays for Grand Final
Sparked by American team Cloud9’s historic win, The ELEAGUE Major: Boston Grand Final generated an increase of 83% in U.S. video plays when compared with last year’s ELEAGUE Major Grand Final.
Over 2.2 Billion Minutes of Coverage Consumed on Twitch
Fans spent more than 2.2 billion minutes watching live coverage of The ELEAGUE Major: Boston on Twitch throughout the course of the event.
ELEAGUE’s Social Content Delivers Significant Increases
Content distributed across ELEAGUE’s social media accounts throughout The ELEAGUE Major: Boston netted triple-digit growth in Twitter video views and a 92% lift in Twitter impressions vs. 2017.
ELEAGUE’s Game Command Sets New Single Day Record
ELEAGUE’s innovative Game Command video player set a platform record for maximum concurrent viewership during The ELEAGUE Major: Boston Grand Final.
Coverage of The ELEAGUE Major: Boston will shift to TBS for ELEAGUE | Road to the Boston Major, a five-part episodic series set to debut Friday, Feb. 9, at 10 p.m. ET/PT. The premiere episode – The Journey Begins – will take fans closer than ever before to the intense pre-Major practice session known as “boot camp,” as it tells the story of five teams – including eventual champion Cloud9 – as they pursue glory at The ELEAGUE Major: Boston.
More esports figures and facts:
- Stage 1 of the Overwatch League Brings Franchises Enormous Social Media Growth; +5…
- Overwatch League™ Opening Week Draws More Than 10 Million Viewers
- CROSSFIRE World Championship Breaks Viewership Record with 37.5 Million Unique Vie…
- Overwatch League: Team & Player Ranking by Social Media Followers
- Record-Breaking Viewership and Sold Out Arena for the CS:GO Pro League Finals in O…
- Figures of the First-Ever Formula 1 eSports Series Released
- ESL One Hamburg powered by Intel Debuts with 20,000 Fans Onsite and 25 Million Onl…
- Insights into Consumers’ Viewing Habits: Males (18-25) Watch more eSports an…
- The International 2017: 31,47% Growth Rate in terms of Peak Concurrent Viewers on …
- ESL One Cologne 2017: Sold out LANXESS Arena Welcomed over 15,000 Fans on each of …
ELEAGUE is a premium esports content and live tournament brand that has aligned with some of the most popular esports titles in the business through its first two years – Counter-Strike: Global Offensive – including having hosted two Major Championships – Overwatch®, Street Fighter® V, Dota 2, Injustice 2, Rocket League and Formula E. With a focus on innovative production capabilities, storytelling and exploring compelling narratives surrounding star teams and players, ELEAGUE has generated record levels of engagement with its content and positive reaction throughout the esports community since its launch in 2016.
Source: Press release