ELEAGUE, the premium esports content and live event brand from Turner and IMG, and independent developer and publisher, Psyonix, will provide fans with opportunities to play sports-action hit game Rocket League and witness an exhibition showdown between the top four Collegiate Rocket League teams as part of a unique live event experience.
The first-ever ELEAGUE x Rocket League Game Zone presented by AXE will take place within the NCAA Final Four Fan Fest presented by Capital One, Friday-Monday, April 5-8, at the Minneapolis Convention Center.
On the heels of their wide-ranging partnership – which encompasses premium content, live event production and ad sales synergies – ELEAGUE and Psyonix’ ELEAGUE x Rocket League Game Zone Presented by AXE will offer:
- Several Rocket League game stations – including on a mobile ELEAGUE Arena competition stage – where fans will be able to play the hybrid of arcade-style soccer and vehicular mayhem against other attendees in casual matches, throughout each day of the Fan Fest.
- The four top-performing teams from Psyonix’ Collegiate Rocket League competition, in a head-to-head exhibition, Sunday, April 7, beginning at 3 p.m. ET / 2 p.m. CT. This inaugural ELEAGUE CRL Spring Invitational will be live streamed across Twitch and ELEAGUE.com. Additionally, TBS will televise a feature show highlighting the showdown’s top moments, Friday, April 12, at 11 p.m. ET/PT on TBS.
More esports events content:
- MTG’s ESL and DreamHack Launches ESL Pro Tour in 2020; The World’s Lar…
- Electronic Gaming Federation to Launch National High School Esports Championship w…
- FACEIT Partners with Red Bull to Host M.E.O Season 2
- GameWorks to Host National Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Tournament; Esports Prize Po…
- ESPN Events to Debut First-Ever ESPN Collegiate Esports Championship
- ESL and WESA Partner with Occitanie Region to Bring the Ninth Season of the CS:GO …
- Allied Esports Introduces Original Event Series “Day One” to Celebrate the Launch …
- Snoop Dogg and MERRY JANE Launch New Esports Tournament Series ‘Gangsta Gami…
- Matcherino Partners With GameStop To Power Grassroots Esports Tournaments
- DreamHack Expands to Mobile Esports Launching DreamHack Mobile Series
ELEAGUE – formed in partnership between Turner and IMG – is a premium esports content and live tournament brand that has aligned with some of the most popular titles in the business through its first three years: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive – including the hosting of two CS:GO Major Championships – Overwatch®, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, Street Fighter® V: Arcade Edition, Dota 2, EA SPORTS FIFA 19, NBA 2K Playgrounds 2, Injustice 2, Rocket League, TEKKEN® 7 and Formula E. With a focus on innovative production capabilities, storytelling and exploring compelling narratives surrounding star teams and players, ELEAGUE has generated record levels of engagement with its content and positive reaction throughout the esports community since its launch in 2016.
About Rocket League
Winner or nominee of more than 150 “Game of the Year” awards, Rocket League is one of the most critically-acclaimed sports games of our generation. Boasting a community of more than 55 million players, Rocket League is a high-powered hybrid of arcade-style soccer and vehicular mayhem with easy-to-understand controls and fluid, physics-driven competition. Available on Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, Windows PC, Mac, and SteamOS via Steam, Rocket League includes more than 500 trillion possible customization combinations, a fully-featured offline season mode, multiple game types, casual and competitive online matches, and special “Mutators” that let you change the rules entirely. To learn more about Rocket League, please visit www.RocketLeague.com, “Like” it on Facebook, and follow it on Twitter @RocketLeague for all the latest developer updates and news.
Based in San Diego, CA, Psyonix is a critically-acclaimed independent video game developer and leading experts in Unreal Engine technology. For more than 15 years, the studio has been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III, Unreal Tournament 2004, and the award-winning Sports-Action hit, Rocket League®.
(Image) Source: Press release