, the premium esports content and live tournament brand from Turner and IMG, has added TEKKEN® 7, the storied 3D fighting franchise from BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc., for the first-ever ELEAGUE | TEKKEN Team Takedown. The addition of TEKKEN® 7 further expands ELEAGUE’s collection of popular esports titles.
TEKKEN Team Takedown will begin with a live tournament Saturday, March 3, at 2 p.m. ET, exclusively on Twitch. Coverage of the event will then transition to TBS for a four-part feature series set to premiere Friday, March 16, following the network’s NCAA March Madness coverage.
- The Kraken Rum Becomes First-Ever Official Distilled Spirits Partner of ELEAGUE th…
- ELEAGUE to Debut Its First Reality TV Series – ELEAGUE The Challenger: Street Figh…
- ELEAGUE Street Fighter® V Invitational 2018 to Showcase Clash of 24 Elite Players
- The ELEAGUE Major: Boston Delivers All-Time Records
- ELEAGUE Signs Sponsorship Deal with Mobile Carrier Boost Mobile
Get the latest business and marketing related esports insights straight into your inbox. Sign up here. For free!
Format & Tickets for Live Tournament at ELEAGUE Arena, Saturday, March 3, at 2 p.m.
The live TEKKEN® 7 tournament will feature 20 of the game’s top American players competing on four teams in a single-elimination bracket, with live coverage beginning Saturday, March 3, at 2 p.m. on Twitch. Team matches will consist of a series of one-on-one games, with losing players eliminated from future competition during that match. A team will win a match when it eliminates all available players from the opposing team.
Fans can be a part of the live studio audience inside ELEAGUE Arena at Turner Studios in Atlanta by reserving free tickets here. Studio audience members will be entered into a raffle with prizes including an ELEAGUE-branded gaming chair, HORI TEKKEN® 7 Fight Stick and ELEAGUE gift bag.
TEKKEN Team Takedown Feature Series to Premiere Friday, March 16, on TBS
ELEAGUE will take viewers on an all-access tour of TEKKEN® 7, revisiting the best moments and matches from TEKKEN Team Takedown on the ELEAGUE stage. The four-part feature series will premiere Friday, March 16, following NCAA March Madness coverage on TBS, with additional episodes airing weekly on Fridays.
Commentary Team to Feature Professional TEKKEN® 7 Players & Game Experts
A team of seasoned Fighting Game Community experts will join ELEAGUE host Richard Lewis to call the live action as well as provide studio analysis and player interviews. The casting team will be featured throughout the live tournament and TBS series, and includes Reepal “Rip” Parbhoo – currently ranked in the top 20 on the TEKKEN World Tour – Steve “Tasty Steve” Scott and Stephen “Sajam” Lyon. In addition, TEKKEN ambassador and analyst Mark “MarkMan” Julio as well as reporter Michele Morrow will both make their ELEAGUE debuts.
— ELEAGUE (@ELEAGUETV) February 22, 2018
More esports television and event content:
- Intel Extreme Masters Returns to Katowice, Poland, in 2019 for Valve Major with $1…
- ESPN, Disney XD and Blizzard Entertainment Announce Multiyear Exclusive Telecast A…
- ESEN eSports Brings Sportradar on Board for Data, Streaming and Integrity
- LiveMe Launches Fluxr, a New Live Streaming Platform for Mobile Gaming and Esports
- ESL and Oculus Team Up to Present the VR League
- League of Legends Competitions Coming to ESPN+ Starting this Summer
- FIFA and Electronic Arts Unveil London as FIFA eWorld Cup Grand Final 2018 Locatio…
- ESTARZ And Immortals Announce Original Esports Reality Series
- ESL and Game Insight Launch Guns of Boom’s $200,000 Inaugural Esports Season
- ESL One powered by Intel® Returns to New York with Counter-Strike: Global Offensiv…
ELEAGUE – formed in partnership between Turner and IMG – is a premium esports content and live tournament brand that has aligned with some of the most popular esports titles in the business through its first two years: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive – including having hosted two Major Championships – Overwatch®, Street Fighter® V, Dota 2, Injustice 2, Rocket League, Formula E and TEKKEN® 7. With a focus on innovative production capabilities, storytelling and exploring compelling narratives surrounding star teams and players, ELEAGUE has generated record levels of engagement with its content and positive reaction throughout the esports community since its launch in 2016.
About BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America, Inc.
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc., part of BANDAI NAMCO Holdings Inc., is a leading global publisher and developer of interactive entertainment for all major video game consoles, iOS, Android, and online platforms. The company is known for creating and publishing many of the industry’s top video game franchises including PAC-MAN®, GALAGA®, TEKKEN®, SOULCALIBUR®, and ACE COMBAT®. BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. is the premier publisher in the Western hemisphere for anime based video games including NARUTO SHIPPUDEN™, DRAGON BALL Z®, and ONE PIECE®. More information about the company and its products can be found at http://www.bandainamcoent.com/ or http://www.facebook.com/BandaiNamcoUS.
Source: Press release