, the premium esports content and live tournament brand from Turner and IMG, has added TEKKEN® 7, the storied 3D fighting franchise from BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc., for the first-ever ELEAGUE | TEKKEN Team Takedown. The addition of TEKKEN® 7 further expands ELEAGUE’s collection of popular esports titles.
TEKKEN Team Takedown will begin with a live tournament Saturday, March 3, at 2 p.m. ET, exclusively on Twitch. Coverage of the event will then transition to TBS for a four-part feature series set to premiere Friday, March 16, following the network’s NCAA March Madness coverage.
- ELEAGUE to Feature Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 with Live Interactive Streaming Event…
- The Kraken Rum Becomes First-Ever Official Distilled Spirits Partner of ELEAGUE th…
- ELEAGUE to Debut Its First Reality TV Series – ELEAGUE The Challenger: Street Figh…
- ELEAGUE Street Fighter® V Invitational 2018 to Showcase Clash of 24 Elite Players
- The ELEAGUE Major: Boston Delivers All-Time Records
Get the latest business and marketing related esports insights straight into your inbox. Sign up here. For free!
Format & Tickets for Live Tournament at ELEAGUE Arena, Saturday, March 3, at 2 p.m.
The live TEKKEN® 7 tournament will feature 20 of the game’s top American players competing on four teams in a single-elimination bracket, with live coverage beginning Saturday, March 3, at 2 p.m. on Twitch. Team matches will consist of a series of one-on-one games, with losing players eliminated from future competition during that match. A team will win a match when it eliminates all available players from the opposing team.
Fans can be a part of the live studio audience inside ELEAGUE Arena at Turner Studios in Atlanta by reserving free tickets here. Studio audience members will be entered into a raffle with prizes including an ELEAGUE-branded gaming chair, HORI TEKKEN® 7 Fight Stick and ELEAGUE gift bag.
TEKKEN Team Takedown Feature Series to Premiere Friday, March 16, on TBS
ELEAGUE will take viewers on an all-access tour of TEKKEN® 7, revisiting the best moments and matches from TEKKEN Team Takedown on the ELEAGUE stage. The four-part feature series will premiere Friday, March 16, following NCAA March Madness coverage on TBS, with additional episodes airing weekly on Fridays.
Commentary Team to Feature Professional TEKKEN® 7 Players & Game Experts
A team of seasoned Fighting Game Community experts will join ELEAGUE host Richard Lewis to call the live action as well as provide studio analysis and player interviews. The casting team will be featured throughout the live tournament and TBS series, and includes Reepal “Rip” Parbhoo – currently ranked in the top 20 on the TEKKEN World Tour – Steve “Tasty Steve” Scott and Stephen “Sajam” Lyon. In addition, TEKKEN ambassador and analyst Mark “MarkMan” Julio as well as reporter Michele Morrow will both make their ELEAGUE debuts.
— ELEAGUE (@ELEAGUETV) February 22, 2018
More esports television and event content:
- Pittsburgh Knights Partner with Replay FX
- GINX Esports TV Signs Multi-Territory Carriage Agreement with iflix
- FACEIT Partners with PUBG Corporation to Host the First Global Event in the PUBG E…
- StarLadder to Host the Next CS:GO Major at the Mercedes-Benz Arena in Berlin, Germ…
- NBA 2K League Increases Prize Pool to $1.2 Million for 2019 Season
- Clash of Clans World Championship Kicks Off with $US 1 Million Prize Pool
- L.A. Street Festival to Bring Esports Competition to El Segundo This September
- ESL and Facebook Gaming Expand Partnership Through 2019 for Coverage of All Global…
- German Television Channel SPORT1 to Broadcast eFootball.Pro League
- PowerSpike Releases Programmatic Influencer Marketing Tools for Twitch
ELEAGUE – formed in partnership between Turner and IMG – is a premium esports content and live tournament brand that has aligned with some of the most popular esports titles in the business through its first two years: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive – including having hosted two Major Championships – Overwatch®, Street Fighter® V, Dota 2, Injustice 2, Rocket League, Formula E and TEKKEN® 7. With a focus on innovative production capabilities, storytelling and exploring compelling narratives surrounding star teams and players, ELEAGUE has generated record levels of engagement with its content and positive reaction throughout the esports community since its launch in 2016.
About BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America, Inc.
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc., part of BANDAI NAMCO Holdings Inc., is a leading global publisher and developer of interactive entertainment for all major video game consoles, iOS, Android, and online platforms. The company is known for creating and publishing many of the industry’s top video game franchises including PAC-MAN®, GALAGA®, TEKKEN®, SOULCALIBUR®, and ACE COMBAT®. BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. is the premier publisher in the Western hemisphere for anime based video games including NARUTO SHIPPUDEN™, DRAGON BALL Z®, and ONE PIECE®. More information about the company and its products can be found at http://www.bandainamcoent.com/ or http://www.facebook.com/BandaiNamcoUS.
Source: Press release