Dignitas, the esports vertical of New Meta Entertainment Inc. (NME), has today announced a new partnership with Zenni, the nation’s largest online eyewear retailer, through Dec. 31, 2020. Dignitas’ women will wear Zenni Blokz eyewear to protect their eyes from the blue light that emits from digital screens during competition and live streaming. A pioneer of the online eyewear industry, Zenni will also join forces with all of Dignitas’ female esports athletes (including its World Champion Counter-Strike team) and acclaimed _FE initiative to promote its anti-bullying campaign.
“World Champion gamers need to spend countless hours in front of the screen, perfecting their craft. We want the team to protect their eyes from the harmful blue light that emits from digital screens and to help them level up their competitive play,” said Sean Pate, Brand Marketing and Communications Officer for Zenni. “We’re very pleased to partner with Dignitas, one of the most dynamic all-women’s teams in esports, and the organization’s _FE initiative, as we believe Zenni is eyewear for everyone.”
Dignitas and its _FE initiative will kick off its partnership by participating in Zenni’s “Hater Blocker” campaign on Nov. 14 to support STOMP Out Bullying’s National Block It Out Day. The team will be posting on social media positive ways to respond to online bullying while wearing the signature red Hater BLOKrZ sunglasses to block out negativity and keep their eyes on the game. Zenni will donate proceeds from each pair of the sunglasses sold through Dec. 31 to STOMP Out Bullying.
Announced in August 2020, _FE is Dignitas’ female-focused initiative, committed to supporting women in the gaming community with educational, social and competitive opportunities. Zenni’s partnership marks an exciting moment for pairing a brand committed to gender diversity and inclusion with Dignitas’ female professional gamers and content creators. Zenni proudly sponsored the Super Girl Gamer Pro in 2020, where Dignitas won the CS:GO tournament.
“Partnering with a leading online eyewear brand like Zenni presents an incredible opportunity to level up our female initiatives,” said Heather Garozzo, VP of Talent at Dignitas and former professional gamer. “Both Zenni and Dignitas share similar goals of elevating women in the esports space while striving to create positive counters to online harassment.”
More esports sponsoring content:
- VELO Launches Esports Racing Series In Partnership With McLaren Racing
- Dignitas Partners With New Digital Banking Platform Zytara
- Misfits Gaming Group Partners With ASUS Republic of Gamers
- Logitech G Becomes First Official Sponsor Of Wave Esports
- bevestor Becomes Naming Right Partner Of The Virtual Bundesliga
- Turtle Beach & ROCCAT Sponsor 12 Episodes Of The Gamer Hour Series From Espor…
- EVOS Esports Announces Sponsorship With Chek Hup Coffee
- Insurance Company CosmosDirekt Becomes Partner of the esports player foundation
- NFL FLAG Announces Madden 21 Youth Club Championship Presented By Subway Restauran…
- GIGABYTE AORUS and G2 Esports Renew Partnership for a 4th Term
(Image) Source: Press release