At the beginning of the Formula 1 2018 season, DHL and Formula 1 are announcing an extension of their global partnership, which has existed since 2004. Within the framework of the agreement, DHL remains the Official Logistics Partner and becomes the first official partner of the F1 eSports Series.
Other joint initiatives are also planned, including fan festivals in core and growth markets of Formula 1, as well as new digital formats. Furthermore, DHL will continue to present the DHL Fastest Lap Award and the DHL Fastest Pit Stop Award, two prizes for exceptional performances by racing drivers and teams.
“As logistics partner, DHL is in charge of the complex shipping of Formula 1 vehicles and equipment. The brand is therefore an integral component of this highly emotional sporting and entertainment experience with global reach,” says Arjan Sissing, head of Corporate Brand Marketing at Deutsche Post DHL Group. “As the first official partner of the F1 eSports Series, we are very pleased to accompany Formula 1 on its digital journey and to actively contribute to the expansion and emotionalization of the product range for fans.”
Sean Bratches, Managing Director, Commercial Operations at Formula 1 said: “I am delighted we have renewed and reinforced our long-term commitment with DHL, the official logistics partner of Formula 1. Our sport is very fast-moving, where precision and punctuality are ingredients. These attributes are also central to DHL, and this is a guarantee for the ongoing success of this relationship.”
More esports sponsorship content:
- VISA And FACEIT Announce $450,000 Esports Program In Partnership With Gazprombank
- Enthusiast Gaming and G FUEL Forge Multi-Year Partnership
- NBA 2K League Announces Panera Bread as First Restaurant Partner
- CORSAIR to Sponsor Rainbow Six Pro League for Ubisoft’s Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six S…
- DKB Becomes Main Partner of Prime League and Initiates First League of Legends Sch…
- Dallas Fuel Signs Frontier Communications as Presenting Sponsor for 2020 Esports S…
- eNASCAR iRacing Competition Refreshed By Coca-Cola Beginning in 2020
- Coca Cola Is the Newest Sponsor for the Pittsburgh Knights
- MMD Announces Sponsorship of G2 Esports in 2020
- Call of Duty League Unveils Mountain Dew, PlayStation, ASTRO Gaming, SCUF Gaming a…
Source: Press release