Counter Logic Gaming (CLG) and the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) today announced a partnership, where the two companies will work together to help improve mental health conditions in the gaming and esports industry and raise awareness about mental health.
CLG is joining the StigmaFree Company initiative that will highlight and cultivate the company’s culture of caring and enhance engagement around mental health. CLG will assist in fundraising efforts for NAMI with the first activation being a NAMI x CLG jersey created for Mental Health Awareness Month in May, with all proceeds supporting NAMI’s causes.
“The work that NAMI does in the mental health awareness field is incredibly impactful and we believe the gaming community could benefit a great deal from their efforts to creating better lives for those suffer from these disorders,” said Nick Allen, COO, Counter Logic Gaming.
“Nearly 50 million Americans are affected by mental illness and they often encounter stigma, or invisible barriers to acceptance and understanding, including in the workplace. This is something we need to change, together,” said Mary Giliberti, CEO, National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI). “NAMI is thrilled to have CLG partner with us as a StigmaFree company and commit to joining us in our fight to end the stigma of mental illness through education, increased awareness, and social action.”
CLG and NAMI will work together to foster a community of awareness, caring and support in the gaming and esports ecosystem. CLG is committed to the StigmaFree company partnership and helping reverse these negative effects by creating a culture that recognizes the importance of mental health.
More esports business and marketing content:
- Beko to Sponsor League of Legends European Championship
- GFR Fund Opens New $20M Investment Fund for Tech Startups Disrupting Digital Media…
- Vivo Announces to Empower Gamers’ Conquest at PUBG MOBILE Club Open 2019 by …
- Comcast Spectacor and The Cordish Companies Announce $50 Million, Next-Generation …
- Audeze Partners With Esports Organization Echo Fox
- Singtel Powers Up Support for Gaming and Esports with SEA Games Sponsorship and Co…
- Enthusiast Gaming Acquires Significant Interest in Waveform Entertainment, a Leadi…
- Nissan Partners with Esports Teams FaZe Clan and OpTic Gaming
- Mars Media and Disneyland Paris to Co-Host the Very First Dota 2 Major in France
- G-Loot Secures $25M in One of Europe’s Largest Ever Esports Investments
About Counter Logic Gaming
Counter Logic Gaming (CLG) is a premier North American esports organization known for its passionate fan base and winning culture. Founded originally in 2010 as a League of Legends team by George Georgallidis, it is one of the largest esports organizations in the world. CLG fields teams in all leading esports titles: League of Legends, Fortnite, Clash Royale, Counter Strike: Global Offensive and Super Smash Bros. CLG has won multiple championships throughout its history: the LCS Summer 2015 Championship at Madison Square Garden, the LCS Spring 2016 Championship at Mandalay Bay; and the Halo 2016 World Championship in Hollywood, California. More information is available at www.clgaming.net
About the National Alliance On Mental Illness
The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness. Learn more about www.nami.org | facebook.com/nami | twitter.com/namicommunicate | instagram.com/namicommunicate
(Image) Source: Press release