chiliZ.com, the esports platform where fans have a voice in managing team business, has today announced plans to invest at least $10 million in partnerships with esports organisations who compete in ‘Battle Royale’ type games such as PUBG or Fortnite.
The decision follows Fortnite publisher Epic Games’ recent announcement of a $100 million prize pool for the competitive gaming scene.
chiliZ believe that ‘Battle Royale’ games offer a great mix of entertainment and sporting values. The enthusiasm and appetite of both players and fans, together with the incredible audience the format demands — fans watched almost 41 million hours of ‘Battle Royale’ content (Fortnite and PUBG) on Twitch between 7–13 May — offer the perfect foundation on which to build fan-driven and fan-controlled initiatives.
chiliZ will either invest in small esports organisations, enabling them to enter the ‘Battle Royale’ world, or will partner with larger organisations to empower their fans to build a new and unique experience.
“We will provide funding and our fan-engagement/fan-monetisation platform to esports organisations who are looking to enter the competitive ‘Battle Royale’ gaming landscape. Our goal is to kick-start a new vision of how organisations can connect with fans for a more inclusive approach to esports. We are delighted with the feedback chiliZ has received from leading executives from some of the largest and most well-known esports organisations,” says Alex Dreyfus, CEO of chiliZ.
The blockchain-based chiliZ platform provides a solution to the two main problems facing the esports industry today — a lack of fan engagement and a lack of funding. chiliZ is the ultimate fan engagement tool, through which teams can also secure essential funding. In exchange for that funding, teams have to allow fans to make certain management decisions. For example, fans can vote on a roster, decide which opponent a player may face, choose which game they’ll play or even which skins the team ‘wear’. It’s like fantasy football but with real-world results.
The team behind chiliZ recently secured over $27 million in private placement through its blockchain-related token sale and will soon announce the final investment figure that has been secured. chiliZ will work directly with Twitch icon Dr DisRespect and other major streamers to support its global vision.
Apply here: https://www.chiliz.io/battleroyale/
More esports investments content:
- ReKTGlobal Invests in OverPowered Network, a Bahrain-Based Esports Company
- The Ledger Group Invests $1.5M in Esports Club Splyce
- Play2Live Launches Venture Fund to Invest in Gaming and Esports Industries
- Major VC Firm Mangrove Invests In Esports Blockchain Startup DreamTeam
- Indian Esports Content Startup AFK Gaming Attracts Pre-Series A Funding
- Vision Esports Closes $38 Million Capital Raise and Invests in Echo Fox, Twin Gala…
- Esports Audience Monetization Platform FanAI Secures $2.5M Funding Round
- French Esports Club Team Vitality Raises 2.5 Million Euros to Accelerate its Devel…
- Blockchain-based Streaming Platform Play2Live Secured $7M in Private Pre-sale
- Liberty Global and Telstra Lead $25 Million Investment Into Skillz to Build Future…
chiliZ is a subsidiary of Malta-based Mediarex Group, a global sports and entertainment organisation, founded in 2006, and is a member of the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance (EEA). Together with China and Hong Kong-based Venture Capital shareholders, the team comprises 20+ creatives, developers and gaming industry veterans from around the world, all well-versed in regulated gaming and technology. With a vision to provide innovative solutions within esports, chiliZ aims to organise, empower and connect fans to players and teams in today’s most popular leagues and tournaments.