Robert Morris University-Illinois Associate Director of Esports, Jose Espin, announced an exclusive sponsorship agreement with Champion, a Hanesbrands subsidiary, making the North Carolina-based company the official apparel sponsor for the Eagles 2019-20 competition season.
“This partnership allows our players to wear the best, whether it be on gameday, or during training sessions,” remarked Espin. “All programs competing under the Robert Morris Esports banner will perform with Champion apparel, including our nationally-recognized League of Legends, Counter Strike, and Heroes of the Storm teams. Our goal is to push Esports to the forefront of collegiate athletics and having the support of a brand like Champion helps make that possible.”
Since 1919, Champion Athleticwear has offered a full line of apparel for men and women, including activewear, sweats, tees, team uniforms, and accessories. Champion brand apparel can be purchased at department stores, sporting goods retailers – as well as online at Champion.com.
“As an innovator in athletic apparel, Champion is thrilled to partner with the Robert Morris University Esports program –one of the first collegiate programs in the nation,” General Manager of Champion Teamwear, Tyler Lewison, announced Thursday. “For 100 years, Champion has helped break barriers within sports and we are excited to be part of establishing Esports in the collegiate realm. This has been a phenomenal experience.”
Since taking over as the Director of Robert Morris University Esports in July of 2018, Michael Wisnios has been focused on enhancing the academic, athletic and professional development experience within the university’s Esports community. By forming partnerships with companies like Champion, Wisnios hopes to raise the profile of Esports beyond a niche gaming experience and into a mainstream form of athletic competition for college students.
“Esports is reaching a crucial milestone in terms of overcoming stigma associated with being a video gamer,” noted Wisnios. “Champion has recognized this moment and our players are excited to be continuing their 100-year legacy of breaking barriers in the world of athletics.”
Robert Morris University-Illinois is a not-for-profit, associate, baccalaureate, and master’s degree-granting institution, accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and authorized by the Illinois Board of Higher Education. Robert Morris University offers professional, career-focused education in a collegiate setting to diverse communities. It is the first university in the world to offer varsity Esports athletic scholarships and currently fields competitive teams on the League of Legends, Counter Strike: Global Offensive, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, Overwatch, Rocket League, and Super Smash Brothers platforms.
More esports sponsoring content:
- VISA And FACEIT Announce $450,000 Esports Program In Partnership With Gazprombank
- Enthusiast Gaming and G FUEL Forge Multi-Year Partnership
- NBA 2K League Announces Panera Bread as First Restaurant Partner
- CORSAIR to Sponsor Rainbow Six Pro League for Ubisoft’s Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six S…
- DKB Becomes Main Partner of Prime League and Initiates First League of Legends Sch…
- Dallas Fuel Signs Frontier Communications as Presenting Sponsor for 2020 Esports S…
- eNASCAR iRacing Competition Refreshed By Coca-Cola Beginning in 2020
- Coca Cola Is the Newest Sponsor for the Pittsburgh Knights
- MMD Announces Sponsorship of G2 Esports in 2020
- Call of Duty League Unveils Mountain Dew, PlayStation, ASTRO Gaming, SCUF Gaming a…
(Image) Source: Press release