Play2Live (P2L), esports streaming platform operating on BitShares 2.0 blockchain basis, has secured a total of 7M USD during a private pre-sale. The company continues expansion with the launch of 24/7 rebroadcasts on six languages, including: English, Korean, Japanese, Spanish, Russian and Chinese.
“We have launched rebroadcasts on the existing version of P2L, while major tech updates are to follow. We thought gamers and project supporters would enjoy watching recorded streams of the major events like Dota2 The International. We are determined to further development of functionality of the platform. The launch of user streaming on MVP and several additional features are scheduled on the start of token sale on February 12th,” comments Alexey Burdyko, CEO and Founder at Play2Live.
Get the latest business and marketing related esports insights straight into your inbox. Sign up here. For free!
While blockchain industry is booming with gaming projects, Play2Live aims to create a unique economy based on revenue sharing model. The platform offers 15 sources of revenue, which is three times more compared to the streaming industry leaders.
Streamers will be able to monetize their content in 11 ways versus 4-5 available on existing platforms. They can earn from the first stream, regardless their audience size, as well as boost their audience via interactive tasks during the streams, betting service, enhanced chat communication and other engaging activities!
Within P2L viewers have 5 monetization tools – compared to zero elsewhere in streaming industry. They can earn by simply watching adverts (P2L is ads-free by default), performing streamers’ tasks, voting for content, and sharing their internet bandwidth via peer-to-peer CDN. Viewers can place bets and purchase games with LUC tokens received through the various activities within the platform.
Founded in 2017, Play2Live is aimed to merge a blockchain technology and streaming services. Its mission is to create an ecosystem where every participant, including viewers, streamers and Esports tournament organizers will have a better interaction and various monetization tools. Play2Live uses a token called Level Up Coin (LUC) which is a currency within the system. It can be easily converted to other cryptocurrencies or fiat money through a gateway/API.
The public pre-sale for the LUC token starts on January 25th and goes until February 5th. The token sale begins February 12th and ends on March 5th. For more information visit https://play2live.io or follow us on various cryptocurrency-oriented media sources.
More esports investment content:
- French Esports Club Team Vitality Raises 2.5 Million Euros to Accelerate its Devel…
- Liberty Global and Telstra Lead $25 Million Investment Into Skillz to Build Future…
- Dallas Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones and other Investors Acquire Complexity Gaming
- Press X to Acquire Prime Talent to Add Telent Representation Arm
- Maestro Raises $3M Series A to Expand in eSports and Pioneer Engagement and Analyt…
- eSports Fan Competition Platform Taunt Raises $1.75M
- G2 Esports Raises Initial Growth Capital From Strategic Investors
- SLIVER.tv Raises $9.8 Million Series A to Transform the eSports Spectator Experien…
- The Madison Square Garden Company Acquires Controlling Stake in Counter Logic Gami…
- EagleTree Capital Buys Majority Share in CORSAIR in a Transaction Valued at $525 M…
Source: Press release