Betway has boosted its presence in esports by sponsoring the FACEIT London Major the first Counter Strike: Global Offensive Major to take place in the United Kingdom, and the most prestigious esports tournament to be held in the U.K. to date. Hosted at the SSE Arena, Wembley from 20-23 September, the Major boasts a $1 million prize pot.
The deal also sees the leading online operator, who are partners with Swedish esports organisation Ninjas In Pyjamas, sponsor the FACEIT Minors, the qualifying circuit for the Major, which is being held at Twickenham Stadium throughout July.
Betway is always looking to sponsor the biggest and best tournaments on the esports calendar and already backs multiple ESL tournaments taking place throughout 2018. Most recently the betting firm agreed a landmark deal to become a founding sponsor of Brazilian esports brand MIBR.
Betway’s Anthony Werkman said, “We are thrilled to be sponsoring the FACEIT Major. The U.K. is full of very passionate CS:GO fans and we are extremely excited to be involved. It will undoubtedly be the U.K.’s most impactful esports event of all time. FACEIT is an important part of the esports community, and we couldn’t be happier to support them in the creation of this iconic event.
“Having Betway’s support is extremely exciting for us,” said Michele Attisani, FACEIT Co-Founder & CBO. “The Major is the biggest esports event the U.K. has ever seen. It’s essential we work with industry leading partners like Betway to deliver an unforgettable tournament that will set a new standard for esports events in the U.K.”
More esports sponsoring content:
- BIG and OMEN by HP Extend Their Strategic Partnership and Expand Academy Cooperati…
- Bud Light to become Official Beer Sponsor of the Overwatch League
- Beko to Sponsor League of Legends European Championship
- Vivo Announces to Empower Gamers’ Conquest at PUBG MOBILE Club Open 2019 by …
- Comcast Spectacor and The Cordish Companies Announce $50 Million, Next-Generation …
- Audeze Partners With Esports Organization Echo Fox
- Singtel Powers Up Support for Gaming and Esports with SEA Games Sponsorship and Co…
- Nissan Partners with Esports Teams FaZe Clan and OpTic Gaming
- Echo Fox Signs CELSIUS as Official Energy Drink Partner
- G Fuel to Sponsor BLAST Pro Series in Miami
(Image) Source: Press release