Betway has boosted its presence in esports by sponsoring the FACEIT London Major the first Counter Strike: Global Offensive Major to take place in the United Kingdom, and the most prestigious esports tournament to be held in the U.K. to date. Hosted at the SSE Arena, Wembley from 20-23 September, the Major boasts a $1 million prize pot.
The deal also sees the leading online operator, who are partners with Swedish esports organisation Ninjas In Pyjamas, sponsor the FACEIT Minors, the qualifying circuit for the Major, which is being held at Twickenham Stadium throughout July.
Betway is always looking to sponsor the biggest and best tournaments on the esports calendar and already backs multiple ESL tournaments taking place throughout 2018. Most recently the betting firm agreed a landmark deal to become a founding sponsor of Brazilian esports brand MIBR.
Betway’s Anthony Werkman said, “We are thrilled to be sponsoring the FACEIT Major. The U.K. is full of very passionate CS:GO fans and we are extremely excited to be involved. It will undoubtedly be the U.K.’s most impactful esports event of all time. FACEIT is an important part of the esports community, and we couldn’t be happier to support them in the creation of this iconic event.
“Having Betway’s support is extremely exciting for us,” said Michele Attisani, FACEIT Co-Founder & CBO. “The Major is the biggest esports event the U.K. has ever seen. It’s essential we work with industry leading partners like Betway to deliver an unforgettable tournament that will set a new standard for esports events in the U.K.”
More esports sponsoring content:
- VELO Launches Esports Racing Series In Partnership With McLaren Racing
- Dignitas Partners With New Digital Banking Platform Zytara
- Misfits Gaming Group Partners With ASUS Republic of Gamers
- Logitech G Becomes First Official Sponsor Of Wave Esports
- Dignitas And Online Eyewear Retailer Zenni Partner To Support Women’s Profes…
- bevestor Becomes Naming Right Partner Of The Virtual Bundesliga
- Turtle Beach & ROCCAT Sponsor 12 Episodes Of The Gamer Hour Series From Espor…
- EVOS Esports Announces Sponsorship With Chek Hup Coffee
- Insurance Company CosmosDirekt Becomes Partner of the esports player foundation
- NFL FLAG Announces Madden 21 Youth Club Championship Presented By Subway Restauran…
(Image) Source: Press release